Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: The Cup Evolution Card

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Cup Evolution Card

Hey - Got my redemption in the mail for my evolution card. It was Ryan Ellis from the Sabres. It is a 1 inch think booklet. When you open it up, a short video of the player starts. It's pretty cool although I wish it had some ink and material. Has anyone else received on yet?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

Ryan Ellis = Predators
    Matt Ellis = Sabres

It would worry me if The Cup made a - I hesitate to call it a card - collectable in such a high end set of a guy who is an easily interchangeable 4th line cog who spent most of last season in the minors for the Sabres.

That said, it sounds like a really neat idea.... just not something I'd want as a redemption out of The Cup.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's Ryan Ellis from the preds.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I ended up getting a Brett Connolly from Tampa. I had some high hopes for these cards but was REALLY let down by the content and the lack of ink/material/numbering on them. Traded it for a box of SPGU and killed it thank goodness. If you're looking to unload it, do so quickly because I don't see these holding their value. I was a big supporter of these when they first popped up and even though I knew they wouldn't have relics or ink on them I still thought they'd be much better than they actually are. Does yours have an indent on the card on the inside where the button holds the power off when it's closed? Mine did. For a high end card like this to come with 'expected' damage... big let down in my eyes.

Having said that I do hope you enjoy yours, but my experience was lacklustre. A friend got the RNH and the Zibanejad this week as well and has also decided to move his. In our eyes it was a big swing and a miss from UD. Could've been SO much better.