Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See havocjlb's Items on eBay

12-13 Fleer Retro Hockey, should be pretty sweet!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

Depending on the price, it could be really sweet!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I KNEW IT!

Made a thread about months ago with the idea that they should bring this back. Can't wait!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (74)
    Country
    Oklahoma State Cowboys Pittsburgh Penguins
    See 9187777's Items on eBay

IF it's around the same price as the basketball was last year, I will pass and just pickup singles on the secondary market. @ over $300 it will be way to expensive for an insert driven product.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I am not so sure about this product. I will wait to see the checklist before making any decisions about it. I just looked at the checklist for the basketball set from last year and it seemed like there was too much going on for my taste.
    Last edited by mingus_md; 01-23-2013 at 10:20 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I might be in for a mini-box, depending on the price. It will be cool to see a brand-new product.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Maybe I don't remember the 90s as well as I thought I did.... but I don't remember half of those 'retro' inserts being in hockey products, ever. I'm guessing this is along the line of the 1997 Ultimate Autos (or whatever they were called) in that UD took a desgin from one of the 1997 Basketball sets, and reused it?

I remember reading that this product was a huge hit in basketball (other posts in this thread alluded to that fact too) but I wonder how in demand inserts based on sets that hockey collectors never actually collected will really be?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

Maybe I don't remember the 90s as well as I thought I did.... but I don't remember half of those 'retro' inserts being in hockey products, ever. I'm guessing this is along the line of the 1997 Ultimate Autos (or whatever they were called) in that UD took a desgin from one of the 1997 Basketball sets, and reused it?

I remember reading that this product was a huge hit in basketball (other posts in this thread alluded to that fact too) but I wonder how in demand inserts based on sets that hockey collectors never actually collected will really be?

^Exactly my thoughts. This product will do one of either: impress and potentially drive up resale of inserts across all products or flop and be a complete bust. Either way, it's going to be interesting. I'll be intrigued to see if the price goes up to $300 how many people will like it... Especially depending upon the auto checklist.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Not so sure this product will be a success. It worked for Basketball because the Basketball market is very insert driven (look at the MJ PMG's), I don't see any current NHL star having a $1000+ Insert to drive up the craze of this product like the Basketball release has. If this comes out with the same price as the Basketball version then UD is absolutely crazy and has definitely lost touch with the hobby, just because one sport is insert driven and has success doesn't mean they all do. Take a look at 90's BB inserts then look at Hockey...absolutely no comparison and that trend is still visible today.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post First look: Upper Deck’s 2012-13 Fleer Retro Hockey

http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/01/...-retro-hockey/

With the removal of several products on Upper Deck’s hockey schedule, there was room for something more.

Upper Deck announced 2012-13 Fleer Retro Hockey, scheduled for a April release.

This is the third sport getting the Fleer Retro treatment from Upper Deck. The company created basketball last year and a football release scheduled for February.

Boxes of basketball and football have ranged in price from $300 to $400.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast