Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

government sucks at regulating education

the average person has a fifth grade reading level, this tells me that standards are either out of line or our method of education is horrific.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

the average person has a fifth grade reading level, this tells me that standards are either out of line or our method of education is horrific.

To a certain aspect that is true
    With am unfunded mandate like No Child Left Behind...The federal Government tied their hands on this. They should have found ways to work with the states and the states should have worked with the local school boards. I think that average is a but higher jay like the 9th grade which is not something to brag about.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Partly. You also have to remember the parents have taken all authority away from teachers. If a teacher has no authority, the students have no discipline. Without discipline, they can't learn.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Funny story, there were two kids I knew a couple of years ago when Harry Potter was popular. They really wanted to read it but they weren't aloud to because it was above their reading level.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How do you guys feel about homeschooling? I have a few friends who are homeschooled that play on my football team, they are just like the rest of us with the exception that they are actually smart...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Funny thing home schooling is on the rise and with good results.From a statistical point anyways.Don't ask me Google the stats

SCF Rewards
    Country

How do you guys feel about homeschooling? I have a few friends who are homeschooled that play on my football team, they are just like the rest of us with the exception that they are actually smart...

If one of the parent is qualified enough then I see no problem.

However, a lot of the time parents that do homeschool do it for all the wrong reasons.

> I don't want my child to be in public school because I don't want the government teaching him...

> I don't like evolution and other "controversial" science topics being taught to my child.

> I don't want my child to be bullied.

Homeschool takes away a lot from a child, they don't learn social skills, they're missing out on all kinds of things which are perfectly normal for students to go through.

If you're a parent and you're constantly worrying that something will happen to your child....when will he learn?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Or maybe the school systems are not up to par.Some choose home schooling due to poor school curriculum or poor teachers.I agree you need social interaction with home schooling kids acan still play in hgigh school sports and attend all functions of their zoned school.At least in my area that is true because I have a niece who is homeschooled play field hockey and will be attending her prom.She is just one case but she turned out ok.

If one of the parent is qualified enough then I see no problem.

However, a lot of the time parents that do homeschool do it for all the wrong reasons.

> I don't want my child to be in public school because I don't want the government teaching him...

> I don't like evolution and other "controversial" science topics being taught to my child.

> I don't want my child to be bullied.

Homeschool takes away a lot from a child, they don't learn social skills, they're missing out on all kinds of things which are perfectly normal for students to go through.

If you're a parent and you're constantly worrying that something will happen to your child....when will he learn?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234