Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theofleury14's Items on eBay

In 92-93 only Kirk McLean autographs were inserted. I just did some research and found that the McLean's were inserted 1 in every 10 cases as 10,000 cases were produced. So I was in-correct saying that they came 1 in every few hundred cases.

In 91-92 Pro Set, autographs for Kirk Mclean and Patrick Roy were inserted. The most highly sought after is the Patrick Roy mask card, which was signed in gold paint pen. These still in the $125 range and don't come up too often.

wow, I had no idea. So it actually makes sense to open the 3 boxes of Pro Set I left at my parents' place?...

What does the back of the card look like? like a regular card?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See robpbs's Items on eBay

Nice Pro Set card (I never thought I'd say that!). Congratulations

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See montagna2006's Items on eBay

That Leetch stick card is very cool and unique. I love the 00-01 Titanium Set, it was ahead of it's time. You are spot-on with the stick cards garnering a premium. Nice, multi-color examples of the Patch Variation cards do so as well.

Congrats also on your whale!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baseballislife1984's Items on eBay

wow, I had no idea. So it actually makes sense to open the 3 boxes of Pro Set I left at my parents' place?...

What does the back of the card look like? like a regular card?

Yes, just a regular back. It is not marked anywhere that it's inserted as an autograph card, however the autograph issue is numbered 239 and the base is numbered differently, so there should not be much confusion between the two.

As a heads up to people out their, two of the most famous autographed cards from the early 90's

91-92 Score Bobby Orr
    92-93 Score Maurice Richard

Both cards are actually signed on the back in a special space at the bottom of the card. This was to avoid confusion with the regular inserted version card, which was not signed. You don't know how many people try to pass off a signed in person insert card as the hard to pull autograph version.

Example:

Pack pulled autograph version:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...to-stanley-cup

Signed In person insert

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1992-93-SCORE...-/190665538286

People have paid big money for the in person autograph card when they think it was the pack pulled autograph variation.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

That whale pickup is amazing.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

I think one of the issue is many don't even take time to list proset cards. So many also got rid of them. Biggest flop in the card industry have a name: Pro set. But the very rare cards are the only one that kept some value.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baseballislife1984's Items on eBay

If production were not so high, I don't think Pro Set would have been such a big flop. 91-92 Pro Set was such a big improvment on 90-91 Pro Set were they had a lot of mistakes on the cards.

The rare cards from Pro Set, such as the Stanley Cup hologram and autographs still have strong value in the market.

Not many people want the base or insert cards however and I think many of the autographs still remain sealed in boxes & cases of unopened product.

I think one of the issue is many don't even take time to list proset cards. So many also got rid of them. Biggest flop in the card industry have a name: Pro set. But the very rare cards are the only one that kept some value.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12