Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

[QUOTE=shrewsbury;12448680] saying "rich" people are bad because they are rich is crazy.[QUOTE]

Rich people who refuse to acknowledge that their money and power brings with it any responsibility are bad.
    People who benefit hugely from society and then pretend like they're living on an island with a population of only them are bad.
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

I've worked for both union & non-union shops & I'll take the non-union run shops. Out of the many different printing companies that I've worked for over the years, the only 2 that are out of business are the ones that were union shops. So all this talk about job security you can throw right out the window.

There's nothing worse than being one out of several hundred people out looking for a job at the same time in the same industry. I actually interviewed at a 3rd union shop, which thankfully I never ended up taking as they went under as well at the next contract when they couldn't agree & their clients all went somewhere else to get the work done.

As far as wages & benefits are concerned, in my experience there has been no difference.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

So you are all for "helping" society just not through welfare, medicaid, medicare, social security, and the government in general (defense, veterans, schools, roads, bridges) because they are all corrupt. Gotcha.

no, I said they are corrupt, which means they need fixed, throwing money at it does nothing but create more fraud.
    and trust me, you don't "got me" at all, not even close.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

no, I said they are corrupt, which means they need fixed, throwing money at it does nothing but create more fraud.
    and trust me, you don't "got me" at all, not even close.

Well then you're going to have to explain yourself, because it's what you've been saying. Talking about how corrupt everyone on welfare is while saying we should give tax breaks (aka more money) to the people sending jobs to China isn't negated by tacking "I have no problem helping" on at the end. You say it, but you're against everything that does help. If you take away Social Security and Disability, 2% of Americans are on welfare. 2. Yet they're bleeding the country dry.

You don't want to help, you want yours. That's what your posts say anyway, and that's all we can go on.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

actually those would be two examples of people who made it via hard work, not crying about what others had.

and with the obamacare, I believe it was a 2.9% tax hike.

the only thing more corrupt than unions is the government, talk about your lazy millionaires.

wickabee, if it is not about money why do they want more of mine and others who have worked all their life? and didn't you and I discuss I was for a tax hike that actually helps, but the corrupt welfare, mdicaide/medicare/social security and government in general with all the pork added to the bills is my issue.
    people needing help is not my issue, it is the people in between stealing my money and theirs that I have an issue with.

and matt, my wife will no longer listen to me, so I must whine here

A perfect leway for this thread:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...esians-5-22-24
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

wickabee, where do you get 2%, that is wrong. second I don't need to go back through all my posts to prove anything. even if I did I am sure it will be twisted. and mine is mine so you can be sure I want it.

I have shown figures on welfare fraud and have stated that it is the issue, not the people that actually need help.

I pay taxes on everything and always have. just because people want to steal and we want to look the other way, does not mean I should pay more. in fact if the fraud was in check, I could pay less and the people who need it would be getting more.

it's easy to give someone else's stuff away, it's harder to earn it yourself.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

wickabee, where do you get 2%, that is wrong. second I don't need to go back through all my posts to prove anything. even if I did I am sure it will be twisted. and mine is mine so you can be sure I want it.

I have shown figures on welfare fraud and have stated that it is the issue, not the people that actually need help.

I pay taxes on everything and always have. just because people want to steal and we want to look the other way, does not mean I should pay more. in fact if the fraud was in check, I could pay less and the people who need it would be getting more.

it's easy to give someone else's stuff away, it's harder to earn it yourself.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

How many Americans are on welfare then? Not entitlements, welfare.
    Not the percentage of Americans on welfare defrauding the system, the percentage of Americans on welfare. Nothing else.

And you can claim what you want. We read your posts during the election, we read your posts now. You can't negate everything you say with "but I want to help" when everything before that says the opposite. You support business owners and speak of workers like parasites. You think the idea of unions is unnecessary because the practice is corrupt. You say so much of those abusing the system and absolutely nothing of the people who need the help.
    They're the victims.
    People like you with attitudes like yours have made everyone who takes even a penny from the government suspect. They're "probably" ripping off the system. They live in shame under a stigma you and those like you have created by speaking publicly as if every person who takes definitely is ripping the system off, whether you try believe it or not.
    I'm comfortable around here with it because, frankly, I don't know any of you, but I don't like telling people I'm on disability for MS. It's one of those diseases where, unless you have it bad, you look no different than ever. I tell people I'm on disability for MS and I get the "Oh, you found a way to cheat the system" look. I live under the stigma created by attitudes like yours. The government bailed out banks and car companies and won't prosecute AIG for helping fund terrorism, but you don't say a word about that. You talks about welfare recipients living the high life on $600 a month.

In other word being poor = bad but treason = OK if you have enough money.

Sometimes it's what you don't say that says the most about you, Jay.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

mine is mine so you can be sure I want it.

And did you get it all by yourself?

SCF Rewards
    Country

no one gave it to me

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast