Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question Where to buy "fake" goalie masks for airbrush practice?

Hello everyone!

This might seem like a weird or funny question, but I'd like to know where to purchase some "fake" hockey goalie masks. I love being creative and I make custom hockey cards, but I'd like to try painting masks.

I'd love to actually paint goalie masks (both by hand and airbrush) but I don't want to waste a few hundred bucks for every paint job I do.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thank you and Happy Easter!

-Ethan

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Andrew_zachary1988's Items on eBay

I'm not sure what you mean by "fake" but you could buy road hockey masks? A lot cheaper than a ice hockey goalie mask.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not sure what you mean by "fake" but you could buy road hockey masks? A lot cheaper than a ice hockey goalie mask.

Thanks for your suggestion! And by "fake" I just mean anything that resembles an ice hockey goalie mask but doesn't set me back $300, haha.

-Ethan

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

A lot of Joke Shops may have the Friday The 13th style of Mask, you know the old Jacques Plante/Gerry Cheervers style. I don't know where you might find lower end newer ones mind you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A lot of Joke Shops may have the Friday The 13th style of Mask, you know the old Jacques Plante/Gerry Cheervers style. I don't know where you might find lower end newer ones mind you.

Such masks are also available on European eBay sites, so that's definitely an option. I'm primarily looking for modern-looking masks but I think that vintage style (fibreglass style) masks would make good alternatives. Thank you for your suggestion, sir.

-Ethan

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://www.goaliemonkey.com/bauer-go...ask-snake.html

A street hockey mask like this one might work for your purposes. You may be able to find a solid whiite/black one if you do some searching on other hockey equipment websites.

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://www.goaliemonkey.com/bauer-go...ask-snake.html

A street hockey mask like this one might work for your purposes. You may be able to find a solid whiite/black one if you do some searching on other hockey equipment websites.

Thank you for the link and suggestion. I'll be sure to look around and see what I can find.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mylec makes a generic white goalie mask for street hockey use that retails for under 40 bucks and if you do a bulk purchase through a company like goalie monkey you can get them even cheaper. However I would like to offer 1 alternative. Vaughn (along with several other companies) make entry level ice hockey masks for about 125ish. If you used one of these masks they are metal. Metal can be chemically stripped of paint very easily using materials found at any automotive store (pep boys, autozone, whatever). So you'd only need 1 mask and paint stripper.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Franklin makes these street hockey masks I am sure you can paint over it. Hope that helps you a little bit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anaheim-MIGH...item485396a23c

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for those suggestions, guys! Any others?