Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Upper Deck Announces Plans for Rest of 2012-13 Season

http://upperdeckblog.com/2013/01/bra...ing-card-sets/

Last week an announcement was made placing restrictions on the 2012-13 rookie classifications for new trading card sets. Without having new rookie content to help drive some of Upper Deck’s 2012-13 NHL releases, the decision has been made to cancel the following products:

2012-13 NHL SPx

2012-13 NHL Upper Deck Series Two
    2012-13 NHL Ultimate Collection

Because Upper Deck was so far along with these products however, fans can expect to see some of the content live on and be distributed in other Upper Deck 2012-13 NHL trading card releases. For example, fans will be able to find some compelling content from 2012-13 NHL SPx and 2012-13 NHL Upper Deck Series Two in packs of 2012-13 NHL SP Authentic which is slated to be released in June, 2013. Take a gander at one of the Chris Kreider SPx Rookie Autograph Memorabilia card mock-ups that the design team put together (note: the actual version will be numbered to 30 copies).

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The key item that jumps out at me here is that it seemingly indicates that they will be going forward with The Cup this season.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

The key for me was the Fleer Retro set which looks incredible! Especially the Metal cards!

SCF Rewards
    Country

That SPx looks super sharp! cant wait for SPA though

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would've liked to have seen Series 2 released. As it stands now, you've got team sets half finished, some missing key players.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joepbb's Items on eBay

Looks like I'll be doing the Metal Universe set this year, it looks great! And although it's too late now and UD probably had no way of knowing the fate of the season when SPGU was being made, I would have liked to have seen just one SP set combining SPGU, SPA, and SPX during the lockout.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's been my dream for about three years now. Take the best of everything and make a single SP product.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

Can't wait to pick up some singles from Fleer Retro when they hit the market.

RGM: with only 3 rookies /99 in Black Diamond/Ice. It is pretty predictable that Kreider, Baertschi and Schwartz would be the only rookies /99 in The Cup. How do you imagine they will compensate for this since many people bust The Cup strictly for the shot at hitting a Landy or RNH rookie. I doubt that people would be driven to do the same if the chase rookie was Kreider... Unless of course some holdover rookies get off to hot starts this season. Hmm only time will tell

SCF Rewards
    Country

This may be me but I honestly dont like the SPX included in SPA. The reason being is that SPA is a hard signed autograph content (with some exceptions to the multi player usually 4-5+). The "sticker" autos do ruin what SPA really is. While I like the inclusion i just hope it counts as an extra hit or possibly do a box topper?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

This may be me but I honestly dont like the SPX included in SPA. The reason being is that SPA is a hard signed autograph content (with some exceptions to the multi player usually 4-5+). The "sticker" autos do ruin what SPA really is. While I like the inclusion i just hope it counts as an extra hit or possibly do a box topper?

I'm hoping they do something similar to Black Diamond with a bonus Ice pack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast