Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (156)
    Country
    See 7-11 of Overtime's Items on eBay

Redemption help - re Panini

I have a 2010-11 Luxury Suite Gold #131 Jordan Eberle JSY AU RC /10 with Panini. The regular card /199 has a HI Book Value of $150.00.

Panini believes that they have given all ten of these cards away and take no ownership for this as the managers were not employed by Panini before 5 months ago. They cannot find one of these cards anywhere. This is really not my problem as I had one of the ten redemptions....

I understand that I will have to get a replacement. What BV do you think is fair?

Any advice would be helpful.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow thats lovely news to get from them. They definately should have some kind of system in place tracking the redemption of thier cards

As for BV for replacement card/cards thats tough hopefully they try to make it up to you since Eberle is kind of a big draw and commands a high value nevermind a short print to only 10. Hopefully they don't make it up to you be giving away someone elses short print redemption.

Goodluck

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Tell them the card /199 has that book value and since this card is 20x more rare, you should get 20x the BV of the /199.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That's a bad situation.

Was the Eberle going to be a PC item for you? If so, you'll want to get another Eberle for sure as a replacement. Ask to see what they've got available from high-end products like Dominion or Prime. Don't take anything cheap.

If it's not for PC, come up with 3-5 players that you collect that will have cards of equal scarcity & value.

Be reasonable in your expectations. You're not going to get 10x value of the /199 RC - if only it really didn't work that way - but you likely should ballpark for a $500 - $750 card. They will hopefully work with you on this issue because it is entirely an error of their own doing if they're out of stock for an /10 card and you've got a card for the redemption in your hand.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Ill be 100% honest with you. Pick a card or cards you like from panini that has a value you think the eberle should have. If they have it then get it if not this could be a situation for the police to get into.

The last thing you want to do is get them involved. On the othere hand make sure you know exactly what you are getting and make sure you like or want it. If they refuse then I saw take that step and dont be cheap. This is 100% their faulty and I would be furious!!!!!!!!!!!
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

BANNED

Country

Ill be 100% honest with you. Pick a card or cards you like from panini that has a value you think the eberle should have. If they have it then get it if not this could be a situation for the police to get into.

The last thing you want to do is get them involved. On the othere hand make sure you know exactly what you are getting and make sure you like or want it. If they refuse then I saw take that step and dont be cheap. This is 100% their faulty and I would be furious!!!!!!!!!!!

What? The police? Hahahahahahahahaha.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (156)
    Country
    See 7-11 of Overtime's Items on eBay

Thanks for the advice. I will not be involving Police or Better Business Bureau. Mistakes happen but I will see how they make amends. I believe they should give me more than the BV of the card in return as they do not have the card in question.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country

well, to answer your question directly as you initially posted. I would have to say somewhere around the value of the spx patch. I think alot of people would say it's worth more, but if you walked up to me with an spx patch /25 in one hand and the LS /10 in the other I personally would take the spx /25. So that's my spin on it
    250-300 ???
    Last edited by dornhoffer; 02-03-2013 at 12:22 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

Ask them to use Beckett's service to determine the BV of the Eberle you were owed. BEcause I'm sure they aren't in each others pockets or anything, haha. But really, you should get something low numbered and nice of Eberle AND something for their mess up. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.