Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Put in a good day's work yesterday in Akron where the Portland Sea Dogs were in town against the Akron Aeros. Obviously, the main goals there were Xander Bogaerts and Matt Barnes. Figured Xander was worth the trip to Akron and hoped he wouldn't disappoint. Here's the haul:

Christian Vazquez 1/1 Logo Sheet
    Michael Almanzar 1/1 Logo Sheet
    Kolbrin Vitek 1/1 Card
    Rich Gedman 3/1 Card (helped another grapher who had a ton)
    Matt Barnes 1/1 8x10 (Charting)
    Xander Bogaerts 1/2 8x10!

As usual with my trips to Akron in the past, it was about quality over quantity. Not a lot of guys I needed, but the ones I needed (and got) were big. I asked Bogaerts to sign a second photo, but he shut me down...just happy he did the one, though! Barnes didn't even look at me, but at least he signed...didn't see Ranaudo until the game started; didn't have anything for Drake Britton, who was also charting. All things considered, pretty sweet day with Xander!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sweet Xander!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kevbo617's Items on eBay

very nice Xander!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See millennialthreads's Items on eBay

Nice stuff Andy! Sorry I missed your text - I was in the middle of a long shift and didn't get to check my phone until well after the game had ended. Keep up the good work!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See howiek1227's Items on eBay

I got Barnes in Binghamton. He was sitting in my row while he charted. I had asked him in between innings and he said he couldn't during the game. He said after the game he would. He had the chance to go the other way in the row when he left. But, came right to me. Signed a OMLB on the SS. It rained for most of the game and didn't get a chance to get anyone else. Real happy there was an overhang behind homeplate

SCF Rewards
    Country

Went down to Columbus last night to see the Pawtucket Red Sox (Boston AAA affiliate) play and hopefully snag some autographs...should've been lucky in that Jackie Bradley Jr. and Xander Bogaerts were both with the Sox. Only got autographs pregame inside the stadium; was going hang around after, but there was too big of a crowd and I was tired...here's the haul:

Chris Hernandez 1/1 Team 8x10
    Terry Doyle 1/1 Team 8x10
    Brock Huntzinger 1/1 Team 8x10
    Dan Butler 1/1 Team 8x10
    Bryce Brentz 1/1 Team 8x10
    Ryan Lavarnway 1/1 Card
    Xander Bogaerts 1/1 8x10

As for Jackie Bradley...wow. One of the biggest pieces of work I've seen. Asked him to sign on his way out to warm-up and got a, "Hell naw, man!" in response, then he ignored us on the way back in. That's the difference between a guy being nice and not signing and being a d-head and not signing. JBJ is clearly the latter. Hopefully that won't rub off on Xander, who seems like a good kid.

Other than that, it wasn't a bad day. Mitch Maier ignored and I missed out on Justin Henry, and Ryan Rowland-Smith while trying to get Bradley to sign. Not a great day, but I did get Xander so it all worked out. Unfortunately, he didn't play last night...but JBJ was 0-4. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

Strange, from what I've heard Bradley is usually the better signer. I even got him TTM in spring training as did a few other people. Maybe you caught him on a bad day or something

BANNED

Country

You're out of your mind. You better be hoping that Xander doesn't rub off on Jackie. They were the exact opposite in portland. Jackie was the nicest player to come through in a long time, it's just that he's so well known he can't sign every time someone asks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You're out of your mind. You better be hoping that Xander doesn't rub off on Jackie. They were the exact opposite in portland. Jackie was the nicest player to come through in a long time, it's just that he's so well known he can't sign every time someone asks.

Seems like things have changed, as I've had two great experiences with Bogaerts (and have heard of several others lately). I understand if you don't want to sign, but you don't respond with "Hell naw, man" if you just can't sign every time.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Sweet Xander! Can't wait!
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast