Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Rajon Rondo has torn ACL & will miss the rest of the season

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...ndergo-surgery

Boston Celtics star point guard Rajon Rondo has a torn ACL in his right knee and will miss the remainder of the season.

The Celtics announced Rondo's injury Sunday during their game against the Miami Heat, stating that the four-time All-Star will undergo surgery.

The initial report was a hyperextended knee, but tests showed the ACL tear, an injury that usually takes up to a year for recovery. A date for the surgery had not been scheduled as of Sunday afternoon, said team spokesman Brian Olive, who confirmed that Rondo's season is finished.

"Obviously the Rondo news is tough," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said following Boston's 100-98 double-overtime victory. "I knew before the game, but I didn't tell anyone. Obviously it was pretty emotional."

Added Celtics forward Kevin Garnett: "(Rondo's injury) was a big blow to everybody here. It's tough on everybody. He's becoming the heart and soul of this team."

Rondo, averaging 13.7 points, 11.1 assists, and 5.6 rebounds in 38 games this season, was a late scratch Sunday, two days after suffering the injury in a loss to the Atlanta Hawks, a game in which the Celtics squandered a 27-point lead.

Rondo attempted to warm up for Sunday's game, but the injury did not improve. He was scratched from the lineup shortly before tip-off and traveled to New England Baptist Hospital for an MRI.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @Brentmills15

I hate seeing this

SCF Rewards
    Country

And there goes the Celtics season. It is sad but that is the way this goes. Whitout him they are going nowhere.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

As a Laker fan, it is hard for me to admit that I have been rooting for the Celtics in the past few years. I really like Doc Rivers.
    Losing Rondo is a tough break. I hope Danny Ainge does NOT blow up the team now.