Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've never seen reinforced PWE's. Is this something you buy or do you add a piece of cardboard in it to make it stiffer?

BANNED

Country

I've never seen reinforced PWE's. Is this something you buy or do you add a piece of cardboard in it to make it stiffer?

There's a sticky thread on it. Also I know in the states you can ask for nonmachinable

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now that the price of shipping a bubble mailer from the US to Canada has doubled, what can I do to ease the blow to my customers? Free cards? Eliminate additional item charges? I know about the PWE method, but buyers on eBay generally frown on this method.

Personally, I would be happy with the reinforced PWE as described by Centreice. I have received cards shipped this way before for low end cards and they have arrived safely. I would rather this method than to pay $6 shipping in a bubble mailer for a $2 card. I have a hard time paying way more for shipping than what I would have paid for the card.

However, for higher end cards with autos and material, I would rather them shipped in a bubble mailer. I have no problems paying $6 in shipping if I paid more than $20 for a card.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Wait until Canada has another substantial increase. Shippers in Quebec that have been charging $4.50-$7.00 on a $2.05 cost bubble envelop will now be charging $10.00.

The ripping off is being done by Canadians at home, not by many in the know down here in the USA, Quebec of course being by far the biggest instigator of out to lunch shipping prices.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

Wait until Canada has another substantial increase. Shippers in Quebec that have been charging $4.50-$7.00 on a $2.05 cost bubble envelop will now be charging $10.00.

The ripping off is being done by Canadians at home, not by many in the know down here in the USA, Quebec of course being by far the biggest instigator of out to lunch shipping prices.

Is there any way to print postage online for the PWE method? The lines at my local post office are dreadful.

BANNED

Country

I think today you can buy $1.10 stamps which will go on any envelop to Canada that is not oversized and over 2 ounces.

$1.10 Stamp

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

Doesnt the reinforced envelope method weigh more than 2ozs though? When I ship in a bubble mailer, I always ship 3 or 4 ozs.

BANNED

Country

No, the re-enforced PWE is not 2 ounces. Besides, the Bubble is not an envelop, it is shipped from the USA as a package or box, so the weight is insignificant as it was minimum $3.00 last week, who knows how much this week.

Envelop - An Envelop & Cheap
    Bubble Envelop - A Package and Expensive.

It's called a Bubble Envelop, but in the USA it's a Bubble Package. Some may have Dufus Postal Workers that actually ship it as an envelop, but that is risky as it can easily be returned for insufficient postage.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See BOOMER-MAN's Items on eBay

PWE shipping without uploading tracking will affect your DSR rating and seller discount. Keep in mind Ebay want's tracking for everything.
    I can see paypal geting bombed with phone calls for item not receivd and trying to explain how I shipped in a PWE to help save my customers a few bucks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Blazer806's Items on eBay

I just mailed a bubble envelope today with one card. It used to be $3 shipping to Canada (On Saturday). Today... $6.55.. Lost money on the sale!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast