Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baseballislife1984's Items on eBay

Recent Mail, Including White Whale 20 Years in the Making!

First off, I want to thank a lot of people out on the boards for all their help! I'm not going to be able to post all the great cards I have gotten recently, however I still appreciate all the trades that I have completed with board members. I have been lucky to receive some great generosity!

First off, some cards for my 00-01 Titanium Set:

Most of the stick cards are numbered to around /250 and you really don't see a lot of them surface. Even common players can go in the $10 to $15 range.

Kirk McLean Pick ups!

The artist proof cards are VERY tough to come by. Finally, the white whale, 20 years in the making.......

In 20 years since the set came out, I have only seen this card one other time. I thought this card was a myth. For any of you who don't know about this card, it was inserted into 92-93 Pro Set boxes and has a print run of 1,000 copies. Considering how much of this product was produced, this card was found only one in a few hundred CASES.

In all my years of tracking the card, I have come close many times. I have looked through inventory on the internet for people who claim to have the card, to see they have not been active for month's or even years. My contact messages never got returned.

A few weeks ago, the McLean was listed on ebay as an "authentic TTM autograph". This probably factored in the low final selling price. Now I need to find the 91-92 McLean Pro Set autograph. I have never even seen a picture of it!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Absolutely insane, I had no idea that there were autographs inserted in Pro Set, learn something new everyday. Thank you for sharing and congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

Amazing that you finally caught your whale! Congrats!!
    Out of curiosity, were any other autos inserted in it besides McLean?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very nice mail day, congrats

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baseballislife1984's Items on eBay

Amazing that you finally caught your whale! Congrats!!
    Out of curiosity, were any other autos inserted in it besides McLean?

In 92-93 only Kirk McLean autographs were inserted. I just did some research and found that the McLean's were inserted 1 in every 10 cases as 10,000 cases were produced. So I was in-correct saying that they came 1 in every few hundred cases.

In 91-92 Pro Set, autographs for Kirk Mclean and Patrick Roy were inserted. The most highly sought after is the Patrick Roy mask card, which was signed in gold paint pen. These still in the $125 range and don't come up too often.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Very nice additions to your PC. I especially like the stick piece on the Leetch. It is much cooler than the one I have. Congratulations on the white whale.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

wow thats awesome! Those cards are impossibly rare, very nice addition. And that Leetch is amazing as well!
    Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Congratulations! Sweet pick ups!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Cool pickups!!
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

In 92-93 only Kirk McLean autographs were inserted. I just did some research and found that the McLean's were inserted 1 in every 10 cases as 10,000 cases were produced. So I was in-correct saying that they came 1 in every few hundred cases.

In 91-92 Pro Set, autographs for Kirk Mclean and Patrick Roy were inserted. The most highly sought after is the Patrick Roy mask card, which was signed in gold paint pen. These still in the $125 range and don't come up too often.

That's really neat, learn something new everyday! Congrats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast