Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Kurri OPC RC PSA 10 - Over 2000$?

Does this seem a little high for a PSA 10 of Kurri's OPC RC? I wouldnt think a BGS 10 would get more than 500$. Would like some weigh in on this one:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1981-O-Pee-Ch...item5d36ea1bed

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

As the subtitle indicates, it's one of just two copies to have a perfect 10. Add that to the legendary Finnish collectors and their penchant for spending big bucks on their national heroes, and that's what you get.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

actually, just realized this was under it, funny enough a BGS 10 only got about 55% of that price:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BGS-10-PRISTI...item4d0772df1d

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 27atomicdesign27's Items on eBay

BGS will knowingly grade sheet cut cards while PSA does not. The trend has become that PSA will command a higher premium that BGS, check out the completed sales of any card, whether it be vintage or modern. I find BGS has lost a lot of credibility.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derzockersports's Items on eBay

BGS will knowingly grade sheet cut cards while PSA does not. The trend has become that PSA will command a higher premium that BGS, check out the completed sales of any card, whether it be vintage or modern. I find BGS has lost a lot of credibility.

This.

BGS for anything pre-1990 is going to suffer because of the 'possibility' that it is sheet-cut (especially if it is from one seller in particular). PSA will still command the premium, in general. There will always be exceptions, but PSA is generally more desirable and a lot of that, in my opinion, is tied to the PSA registry. Registry set collectors are a different breed, so to speak (not meant in a bad way). I think it will be interesting now that Beckett has tried to 're-invent' their registry...

SCF Rewards
    Country

What this guy said. BGS will grade pretty much any card, regardless of whether it is an obvious sheet cut (Hello, Gretzky OPC RC's. I'm looking at you). BGS does this because they feel that if someone sees a card go for a huge price and it's BGS rated, then people will want to get their item(s) graded by BGS, instead of the other guy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well this is news to me, im glad i started this thread, thanks guys! very informative!