Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Large envelop has to measure more than 11 inches and more than 13 inches according to USPS, bubble envelops don't qualify as Large Envelops, I tried that and my USPS Postal Guys said, not a chance.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I will find out tomorrow if: 1) If they will ship a bubble as a large envelope and 2) if I can ship it without a customs form..

I always have to ship with a customs form when its a bubble no matter what rate it ships with.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just a question. I don't normally sell on ebay but have before, also for making trades. I'm in canada. How much will it cost to send a bubble mailer lets say 3 cards, in Canada and to the USA. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mikebraycomics's Items on eBay

so I could could use a 9 x 12` envelope and tape top loaders together in a flexable sheet - with an sheet of thin cereal box cardboard on either side -- and that should go as a large envelope -- that would be well under the 3/4` thickness and flexable -- i used 5 ounces as a weight and it came up 2.85 ??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Just a question. I don't normally sell on ebay but have before, also for making trades. I'm in canada. How much will it cost to send a bubble mailer lets say 3 cards, in Canada and to the USA. Thanks.

I know that this is OT, but here are some answers for you:

If your card has no value (ie, you don't care if it gets lost and can absorb the cost) - this is what most people use for trades and eBay sales
    Within Canada Ship as an over sized letter in a bubble envelope: $1.34
    To the USA Ship as an over sized letter in a bubble envelope: $2.20

If your card has a declarable value (i.e. you need to declare it for customs) - this is what Canadians should be using to ship to the USA since cards technically need to be declared
    To the USA Ship as a small packet - air: $7.80

If your card has an insurable value (i.e. you need to track it and want insurance)
    Within Canada Ship as a regular parcel (no insurance) or expedited parcel/Xpress post (insurance) : ~$10-12
    To the USA Ship as a tracked packet packet - air: $16.10

Hope that this helps.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks alot reoddai that helps a ton. Apprichate it!

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Today they let me ship 4 cards in 2 Top-Loaders in a Bubble Envelop to Canada. - $2.25

They said oversized. One Postal Clerk with 25 years in, said if it's too large to go through the skinny slot, it becomes Oversized, the other clerk with 25 years in disagreed and said I should be charged $7.00

I am only shipping with the cheaper guy now and he's there by himself from 8:30am until 11:00am. Lol

It's a complete Cluster-FireTruck.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Today they let me ship 4 cards in 2 Top-Loaders in a Bubble Envelop to Canada. - $2.25

They said oversized. One Postal Clerk with 25 years in, said if it's too large to go through the skinny slot, it becomes Oversized, the other clerk with 25 years in disagreed and said I should be charged $7.00

I am only shipping with the cheaper guy now and he's there by himself from 8:30am until 11:00am. Lol

It's a complete Cluster-FireTruck.

Im not shocked. It's always been like that here different employees giving different rates. Just like you I ship with the cheaper employee or at least try to.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See montagna2006's Items on eBay

I avoid certain post offices b/c I know their clerks are jerks. A reasonable clerk will work with you if you are familiar with the P.O.'s criteria for letters and large envelopes.

According to the USPS website, you should be able to mail a #000 bubble envelope via First-Class Mail International Letter as long as it meets these criteria:

• Must be rectangular.
    • Minimum size is 5 1/2" long x 3 1/2" high x 0.007" thick.
    • Maximum size is 11 1/2" long x 6 1/8" high x 1/4 thick.
    • Maximum weight of 3.5 oz.

If you exceed the weight or dimension maximums, you can mail it via First-Class Mail International Large Envelope if it:

• Is no more than 3/4" thick, or 15" long or 12" high (only one of these dimensions).
    • Maximum weigh of 64 oz.

Letters will be charged a nonmachinable surcharge if it’s a square letter of 5" x 5" or larger, it doesn’t bend easily, has clasps or similar closure devices, has an address parallel to the shorter dimension of the letter, contains bulky items like pens, or the length divided by height is less than 1.3 or more than 2.5.

Large envelopes that are rigid, nonrectangular, or not uniformly thick must pay package prices.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmaksymyshyn's Items on eBay

Your postal employees are morons and will soon be fired. Any PO that is on top their game. Last week was $3.00 to Canada, this week $6.55.

If You are living in an area with USPS Idiots working, then consider yourself lucky.

Suffered the same sticker shock myself...a bubble to canada, a bubble to germany, $13+ dollars....robbery.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast