Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ephesians 5:22-24

SCF Rewards
    Country

It was perfectly okay under Judaism too. Why aren't you ragging on them?

You want to talk cherry picking? There you go.

Very well.

And to be 100% fair, the OT is pure Judaism and technically no one in the OT was a "christian".

I believe slavery is also OK in the Koran, which means Muslims are on the hook as well (then again, they're still living in the dark ages).

Anyways, the reason I put the blame on christianity is because of Jesus.

This guy (who was supposedly god) comes to earth and part of his mission was to change the laws and give the world the "good news".

But he said NOTHING against slavery....for the next 1,900 years slavery would still be legal in the majority of the world.

BTW.....

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

^NEW TESTAMENT....there is no excuse for christians.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Very well.

And to be 100% fair, the OT is pure Judaism and technically no one in the OT was a "christian".

There were no Christians before Christ? Tell me more!

I believe slavery is also OK in the Koran, which means Muslims are on the hook as well (then again, they're still living in the dark ages).

You scream bloody blue murder about Christians, quietly agree about the Jews and make excuses for Muslims. Interesting.

Anyways, the reason I put the blame on christianity is because of Jesus.

This guy (who was supposedly god) comes to earth and part of his mission was to change the laws and give the world the "good news".

Jesus wasn't God, no matter how many people tell you otherwise. Why would he ask himself why he has forsaken himself as he was dying? Makes no sense. He was supposedly God's son, but do continue.

But he said NOTHING against slavery....for the next 1,900 years slavery would still be legal in the majority of the world.

He said nothing about homosexuality either, correct? So should we blame lack of marriage equality on the guy who said "Love they neighbour as thyself"?
    Or should we blame all the men since who twisted his words, or lack thereof into something twisted. That seems to be your problem, I'm just not sure if you're reading a twisted interpretation or you're the one doing the twisting. Lack of "No" only means "yes" to someone who would do it anyway.

BTW.....

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

^NEW TESTAMENT....there is no excuse for christians.

That's telling followers of Christ who are slaves that being Christian doesn't give them the right to overthrow their oppressors. They must still follow the laws of the land, which would include slavery.

The only thing there's no excuse for is putting zero thought into something.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

I do accept all of the Bible and we can both agree that slavery is evil. I certainly do not cherry pick as stated before the christians stance on gay marriage is not something I subscribe to and why I still pray on that......I have a pretty good relationship with my priest, I am going to bring up your point and see what he says. This was sin created by human beings not Jesus.....agree with you that he might of wanted to chime in on that one.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

Very impressive, Wick.....I am going to hire you as my spokesperson! Lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

You scream bloody blue murder about Christians, quietly agree about the Jews and make excuses for Muslims. Interesting.

That's right.

I have very little interests on Jews and Muslims....since they DON'T affect my life the way christians do.

Want a GREAT example of what they do to affect my life and the people I love....go see the thread I just made:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...r-on-education!

I'm more than happy to fight against their war to impose their beliefs where it does not belong.

Jesus wasn't God, no matter how many people tell you otherwise. Why would he ask himself why he has forsaken himself as he was dying? Makes no sense. He was supposedly God's son, but do continue.

Tell them that.

I'm just going by what the majority of christians say, and that's that Jesus was indeed God.

Go ahead and do a poll on whether or not Jesus was god, you'll see how they vote.
    He said nothing about homosexuality either, correct? So should we blame lack of marriage equality on the guy who said "Love they neighbour as thyself"?
    Or should we blame all the men since who twisted his words, or lack thereof into something twisted. That seems to be your problem, I'm just not sure if you're reading a twisted interpretation or you're the one doing the twisting. Lack of "No" only means "yes" to someone who would do it anyway.

Sorry, but when GOD himself comes down to earth and he says NOTHING on a subject that was rampant at the time, there is NO excuse.

Homosexuality wasn't a big issue back then, slavery was!

He said nothing and did nothing about it!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Alex, for starters I do tell them that. It wasn't God, plain and simple.
    Second, you proved my point. You're angry at Christians for their politics, so you're slinging as much crap as you can because hey, if you throw enough, some is bound to stick, right.

You're mad about one thing, but screaming about something else. Focus, man, focus.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Jesus not God? I could agree and disagree with this, just depends how you look at it and your personal belief in who and what God is.

as a Christian, Jesus never taught to follow the NT, the NT was cherry picked by man, written by man, translated by man, and interpreted by man.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Jesus not God? I could agree and disagree with this, just depends how you look at it and your personal belief in who and what God is.

as a Christian, Jesus never taught to follow the NT, the NT was cherry picked by man, written by man, translated by man, and interpreted by man.

Not really. Why would he ask himself why he has forsaken himself (after he had left himself, if you really want to get into the Trinity)?
    If you can answer that logically and realistically, I'll look at that one again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex, for starters I do tell them that. It wasn't God, plain and simple.
    Second, you proved my point. You're angry at Christians for their politics, so you're slinging as much crap as you can because hey, if you throw enough, some is bound to stick, right.

You're mad about one thing, but screaming about something else. Focus, man, focus.

I hope you saw the new thread I made.

There is blatant proof of how the religious right (very conservative christians) want to indoctrinate kids into their political and religious agendas.

It's not slinging crap at them, it's defending our constitution.

They don't want to keep their beliefs to themselves the way the rest of us do.

They can't help it....they want to impose EVERYTHING they believe at us whether we like it or not.

That's not right, and if I have to fight and get dirty defending our secular country, I will.

If they want to live in a religious country so badly......I recommend Uganda, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iran....I'm sure they'll like it there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

who came up with what you would describe as the Holy Trinity?
    Jesus?

if you want to go with the idea of the trinity, my thoughts are the 3 personalities of God. The harsh father who must make sure the rules are set and followed, the loving dad who cares for his children, and the communicator.

are we not all derived from God? Cannot it be said we are all a piece of God? in fact nothing can exist without it being from God, so in essence Jesus was God.

They said to him, "Tell us who you are so that we may believe in you."
    He said to them, "You read the face of the sky and of the earth, but you have not recognized the one who is before you, and you do not know how to read this moment."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast