Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

97 - 98 Totally Certified Platinum Blue Player's Club - Info?

Just stumbled across these cards. They mirror the 97-98 Pinnacle Totally Certified set, but have on the back it says "Player's Club" and "One of 299" in Gold foil. Sorry for the poor pic.
    Attachment 69082

Anyone have any info on the story behind these cards? How were they distributed? In packs? Redemptions? Giveaway?

Thanks
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

thats pretty interesting, makes me wanna look through my old Pinnacle cards to see if I have any! If D&A fact sheet is correct, they were not inserted into packs

http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-ca...ckey-hobby-box

There were a few on ebay too that sold between $10-$25, if that helps out your pricing of it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-98-Pinn.../321064297162?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PETER-FORSBE...item53f3fc19f2
    Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

They were never supposed to be released to the public and were not found in Hobby or Retail Packs, but some of them got out into the trade. They are extremely scarce.

I still have the Osgood #/299 and I sold the Brett Hull for $9.00. They are the only 2 that I had gotten my hands on in and around 99-00.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

They were sold as sets via the Home Shopping Network back in the days of Don West.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

They were sold as sets via the Home Shopping Network back in the days of Don West.

Don West, IMHO, personified everything that is bad about card collecting. Every card he sold was an "Unbelievable card!!!!" that he claimed would be worth thousands of dollars someday. He peddled RCs that were not RCs, and many unlicensed sets as though they were the real deal. Unfortunately, he took advantage of many uneducated people.
    Last edited by Drewk86a; 02-02-2013 at 03:11 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Don West, IMHO, personified everything that is bad about card collection. Every card he sold was an "Unbelievable card!!!!" that he claimed would be worth thousands of dollars someday. He peddled RCs that were not RCs, and many unlicensed sets as though they were the real deal. Unfortunately, he took advantage of many uneducated people.

Michael Jordan college rookie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goes swimming in cards.

Seriouly though, yeah a ton of people dropped a ton of cash on absolutely worthless crap peddled be West. Twas the times though, everyone thought they were gonna be cardboard magnates.

Darren