Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Country

That is why I am saying factor it in to the value on your side of the deal rather than crossing your arms and going "hmmmph" like is happening. Like I said, we have been paying twice as much for years and now that US sellers/traders are paying twice as much it's a big deal. centrhice just nailed it down ....when it was 93 cents for you and $2.20 for Canadians , that was acceptable. Tables have turned....sucks , don't it

I'm just saying I personally will keep this in mind come tradin time, and I'm sure many will
    Yes low end deals are now history across the boarder.
    pwe is an option for sure. Nice to see some of you looking for solutions instaed of perpetuating the "woe is me" attitude.

I am pretty sure $6.50 is a lot more than $2.20. I don't even remember it being $.93. I remember it being $2 about two years ago and then $3.30 for the last year or so. You are compaing apples to oranges. How much does it cost to ship a card from Canada to USA? The most Canada Post charged was what?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I am pretty sure $6.50 is a lot more than $2.20. I don't even remember it being $.93. I remember it being $2 about two years ago and then $3.30 for the last year or so. You are compaing apples to oranges. How much does it cost to ship a card from Canada to USA? The most Canada Post charged was what?

It was .93 cents - $1.15 in December of 2011. Then it went to exactly $3.00 on the 22nd of January. Now it's gone from $3.00 to $6.55 on the 27th of January.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thegreateight8's Items on eBay

i havent noticed the spike yet. That would hinder the smaller deals that i have done. However with big ticket items i am not leaving the Canadian market out it

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

That is why I am saying factor it in to the value on your side of the deal rather than crossing your arms and going "hmmmph" like is happening. Like I said, we have been paying twice as much for years and now that US sellers/traders are paying twice as much it's a big deal. centrhice just nailed it down ....when it was 93 cents for you and $2.20 for Canadians , that was acceptable. Tables have turned....sucks , don't it

I'm just saying I personally will keep this in mind come tradin time, and I'm sure many will
    Yes low end deals are now history across the boarder.
    pwe is an option for sure. Nice to see some of you looking for solutions instaed of perpetuating the "woe is me" attitude.

Okay so you've been paying twice as much for years but even then it was only a mere $2 for you to mail, lets see you start paying $6 and $7 a bubble mailer and lets see how quickly your attitude changes towards shipping. You're comparing a $1.20 difference to a now $4+ plus difference. You think you were mad that we could mail bubble mailers in the states for a $1.20 cheaper than you, imagine how we feel that we now have to spend a full $4+ more than you guys, can you really compare a dollar difference to a four dollar difference and really sit there and call it petty?

BANNED

Country

There are still some branches of the USPS that are clerk specific and allowing Bubble Envelops to travel in the oversize category for about $2.25, but it's not happening for everyone.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country

my word people....READ. I am saying I will freakin' compensate you in the trade if it means that much to you. I will add the $4 cash value in the trade , I will send you $4 pp . Not once has this been offered to me when I was paying twice asmuch
    I could not have commissioned better poster boys for this thread compare to th eservice you are providing for free. I'm saying I'll compensate ...you can ask for compensation ...and your still carrying on.
    If your not part of the solution , you are part of the problem. grab your toys and leave the sandbox, or at very least read the post before you go off on a tyrade.
    centrehice , I was saying I will give you what you want just to get a trade done and you just covered your ears and yelled "lalalala I can't hear you", and continued to ™™™™™ about the situation. Hardly me in a snit now, is it. I would have to say I am being pretty darn reasonable

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

I'm probably mistaken, but I think a lot of people don't like shipping because of the duration it takes and the lost packages no?. I mean, I don't mind shipping to Canada, but I think a lot of people don't because of bad experiences with missing mail, or opened packages. I've yet to have a problem personally

BANNED

Country

my word people....READ. I am saying I will freakin' compensate you in the trade if it means that much to you. I will add the $4 cash value in the trade , I will send you $4 pp . Not once has this been offered to me when I was paying twice asmuch
    I could not have commissioned better poster boys for this thread compare to th eservice you are providing for free. I'm saying I'll compensate ...you can ask for compensation ...and your still carrying on.
    If your not part of the solution , you are part of the problem. grab your toys and leave the sandbox, or at very least read the post before you go off on a tyrade.
    centrehice , I was saying I will give you what you want just to get a trade done and you just covered your ears and yelled "lalalala I can't hear you", and continued to ™™™™™ about the situation. Hardly me in a snit now, is it. I would have to say I am being pretty darn reasonable

National Film Board of Canada - The Big Snit.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Old rates-$.93 for US vs. $2.20 for Canadians

New rates-$6.55 for US vs. $2.30 or whatever the new rate is for Canadians

I think theres a little bit of a difference there. In my experience since it's been raised, Canadians don't seem to acknowledge that the rates are very different and they are unwilling to adjust the trade for the shipping rates. Paying 7 bucks on a 10 dollar trade is just not worth it if you have a high volume of trades

I'm going to use you as an example to better illustrate his point

You've been on the board since.. say 2008. Prior to the price increase, you made 170 trades. If even 10% were with Canadians, you made 17 trades:
    17 x 1$ = 17$

Those Canadians paid 17 x 2 = 34$

Since the price increase, you've made about 16 trades. Again, using the 10% rule
    1x7 = 7$

Those canadians paid 1x2 = 2$.

If you look at "what have you done for me lately", yes, the American has spent nearly four times what the Canadian has. If you consider the entire time that you've been on SCF, the score is:
    Americans paid since 2008: 24$
    Canadian Paid since 2008 on those same deals: 36$

You guys are still ahead because you've enjoyed such cheap shipping for so long. 10% is also pretty weak sauce. If even half your deals are with Canadians, the totals look like this:
    Americans Paid since 2008: 134$
    Canadians Paid since 2008 on those same deals: 184$

You've had 180 trades since 08. I've had over 600 since 2005. A quick counts of my last 20 feedbacks, 25% are USA, 5% are International and the rest are Canadian. That means
    I've paid about 300$ for USA trades
    My USA trading partners have paid 150$ over same timeframe

For a long long time, Americans have had the cheap option when mailing international. We understand that the US to Canada rates have shot up overnight AND that its very expensive to ship. Its just really hard for us to hear all the complaining so soon after the change considering that we've been paying double what you've been paying for years and years and years. Dying from a thousand cuts sound familiar?

Will this hurt Hockey trading? Yes. Most assuredly. The US has 10x the economic buying power of Canada and represents a substantial source for hockey cards. Canada is probably one of the biggest markets for hockey cards too so getting those cards across the border is important.
    Do I wish that the mail costs were cheaper for both sides? Absolutely. Cause I love to trade. There are some gret US traders especially whom it will be harder to trade with. There are also a bunch of high volume USA sellers that may have to rethink their selling approach due to this change (e.g. more lot sales to canadians instead of single deals)
    Am I sad that there are so many bottom-hurt USA people complaining about their "high shipping" costs? I will be. Just as soon as my bottom-hurt subsides from looking at that 300$ figure above. Sympathy requires a good feeling bottom.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm probably mistaken, but I think a lot of people don't like shipping because of the duration it takes and the lost packages no?. I mean, I don't mind shipping to Canada, but I think a lot of people don't because of bad experiences with missing mail, or opened packages. I've yet to have a problem personally

I collect Score and mostly low-end Devils. It just doesn't make sense for me to trade to Canada anymore for a bunch of $1-3 cards

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast