Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

I collect Score and mostly low-end Devils. It just doesn't make sense for me to trade to Canada anymore for a bunch of $1-3 cards

well thats why I said "a lot of people", not "everyone" lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will put my 2 cents in... I agree... I don't mind sending ANYWHERE as long as it is accounted for in the trade! What's the big deal??

SCF Rewards
    Country

my word people....READ. I am saying I will freakin' compensate you in the trade if it means that much to you. I will add the $4 cash value in the trade , I will send you $4 pp . Not once has this been offered to me when I was paying twice asmuch
    I could not have commissioned better poster boys for this thread compare to th eservice you are providing for free. I'm saying I'll compensate ...you can ask for compensation ...and your still carrying on.
    If your not part of the solution , you are part of the problem. grab your toys and leave the sandbox, or at very least read the post before you go off on a tyrade.
    centrehice , I was saying I will give you what you want just to get a trade done and you just covered your ears and yelled "lalalala I can't hear you", and continued to ™™™™™ about the situation. Hardly me in a snit now, is it. I would have to say I am being pretty darn reasonable

To any of my American friends (or anywhere else in the world), please do not lump all of us Canadians in with ranting lunatics. It's not who we are.

I fully understand not wanting to ship at such insane prices.

Also dornhoffer, if you're willing to compensate, why don't YOU just offer it up, rather than expect someone else to offer it to you? Especially if the alternative is a post where you whine incessantly.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

my word people....READ. I am saying I will freakin' compensate you in the trade if it means that much to you. I will add the $4 cash value in the trade , I will send you $4 pp . Not once has this been offered to me when I was paying twice asmuch

My .02 , I wouldnt ask you to pay the $4 difference in postage in a trade is 2 fold to me. A) The probablity of a trader accepting these terms I feel is about the same as finding a $5 Crosby auto aka a needle in haystack. Plus theres a probability of receiving a not so nice worded reply back from there. B) It doesnt come off as well either as a member on here.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country

All I am saying is I see the frustration in the posts from American members with the price increase. I just want to say that I for one would gladly eat that and pay you the difference if I wanted the trade, in efforts to keep the trading going. The potential loss of trade partners in the US is frustrating me. thaat was the intent , nothing more
    I have no idea why a member picked up the ball and ran the wrong way. It seemed so simple,but nothing ever goes that way with a troller in the ranks

...and I'm done with it.
    Last edited by dornhoffer; 02-01-2013 at 11:18 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

All I am saying is I see the frustration in the posts from American members with the price increase. I just want to say that I for one would gladly eat that and pay you the difference if I wanted the trade, in efforts to keep the trading going. The potential loss of trade partners in the US is frustrating me.

Your original post would of been much more well recvd I think if you went with the above in the first post instead of whats there now.

BANNED

Country

From an american here....

We all see the point of the Canadian shipper/trader here BUT what us americans are saying is in 2008 if they made shipping to Canada $2.20 like it was for you it is no Big deal but in this economy where Minimum wage is $7.25 (IN NY and less in most places) $6.55 is a lot to spend. If the price for us jumped to what you are paying now from what we WERE paying there would be no issue.

DORN- Your line that sayes something along the lines as "Tables turn sucks dont it" shows more of a Jealousy that the USPS was less greedy then that of Canada post. I think think the arguement your trying to make is more of a "I had to pay more now its your turn haha" rather then being mad at lack of trades considering theres more Canadian hockey traders then US IMO.

on a 25 trade a month comparison you guys spent $55 (At $2.20 per bubble mailer) as opposed to us having to spend $163 (At $6.55 per Bubble Mailer) that extra $100+ is a week of food shopping, 3-4 days of gas, Half a months food shopping or hell even a hobby box (if your one of the more fortunate these days). So for me to cut out trading AS MUCH to Canada to put food on the table or gas in my car then thats what most will do.

PS..... Please dont even argue back with "If you cant afford food or gas then dont collect cards" I was proving a point.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (77) Trader Retreat
    Country
    Twitter: @moosejaw00 See lkelly12's Items on eBay Instagram: Kronozio

and I got complains and low seller rating, charging $3 shipping from HK to US.....

Yeahhhhhhhh BUT......you gotta admit the new USPS rates are just this side of insane-o. Our bubble mailers went up the usual dime to $2.20 (plus tax), and we know it happens like that every year, but they got a JOLT of an increase.

Gonna kick the knees out from under the commons/base/cheapo insert/UD Game Jersey market, I'm seeing $1 auctions on eBay with $8 shipping charges...................... :(

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See alexandrepratt's Items on eBay

I would like to point out that the same bubble mailer with Tracking from Canada to USA costs more than 12$. And tracking helps your ratings on eBay.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ajw9356's Items on eBay

I would like to point out that the same bubble mailer with Tracking from Canada to USA costs more than 12$. And tracking helps your ratings on eBay.

The biggest problem with shipping to Canada from eBay is that you must be able to prove the card was shipped and delivered otherwise a buyer can file a claim with eBay and will always win whether they get the cards or not, so a seller is out both the cards and the money. I imagine this goes both ways for shipping. It seems I've seen too many horror stories with customs or something making cards go missing, not worth the hassle to me. I don't do much hockey, so I have a limited market in Canada also. I do free shipping, so I try to always account for shipping in all deals, but I don't mind shipping to Canada at all as long as the buyer/trader will accept the additional cost or risk of shipping. So if they want to accept the risk a standard bubble mailer, accept cost and do signature required or tracking by non post office shipper. Just you can't expect someone to send a single $2 card and it not costing $7-8 in compensation or limiting sales to exclude Canada. The other thing you have to realize is say you're looking to sell at a 10% rate for shipping compared to overall cost which isn't bad in the market we have, in order to break even on one deal you have to account for shipping at a $6-6.50 fee you need to be able to do a deal for about $60-70 not $20-25 anymore. Bad consequences to a poor economy and the post office losing tons of money on transportation costs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast