Thread: Box Break: Forever Rivals

Box Break: Forever Rivals

I was at Hero's Cards & Comics in London, Ontario, this afternoon and decided to pick up a box of ITG's Forever Rivals.

This is the first ITG product I've opened in many years. I had a nice time both opening the product and writing this post, but I feel mixed about the pulls. The cards have a slick design, which I think is expected of ITG, but the checklist is weak. Perhaps you disagree.

Everything is for trade/sale, so if you see something you covet, drop me a PM.

Let's set the scene. First, here's the box front:

And now the box back, with the highlights of what to expect:

Next, here's my beer:

And I've got the London-Brampton game on in the background. Dull game, 0-0 in the 2nd as I type.

Here's what I see upon opening up the box. That's a Bill Barilko base card sitting at the top of the pile. The cards are housed in a sturdy little plastic container.

Toronto versus Montreal, October 13, 2012. Gee, I wonder who won that game?

And now, away from the nonsense and off to the hits:

The quad jersey is the silver version. The Hackett and Linden jerseys are the red versions. The Leeman base is a gold parallel.

2. SCC End 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Kessel_fan_87 View Post
    nice break
    Thanks

I kind of like the checklist, as it's meant to be fairly comprehensive and to give some hobby love to those who may have received relatively little. I was going to buy a LOT of this product but didn't like the way some of the autos were coming out, but I did eventually decide to buy two boxes and picked up a beautiful Salming piece for my PC.

Please PM me a price or trade wants for the Vaive auto - thanks!

Paul

Im glad you managed to work in the Beer Nice brreak!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallinator View Post
    I kind of like the checklist, as it's meant to be fairly comprehensive and to give some hobby love to those who may have received relatively little. I was going to buy a LOT of this product but didn't like the way some of the autos were coming out, but I did eventually decide to buy two boxes and picked up a beautiful Salming piece for my PC.

Please PM me a price or trade wants for the Vaive auto - thanks!

Paul
    PM sent.