Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Ininimate objects don't talk back.

"Less harmful in relation to"="relatively harmless"

A simple trip to sixth grade English could do you a world of good.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

And anyway, you're completely distracting from the point at hand, as you started off accusing me. Either learn English or quit doing what you accuse others of.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm sorry man but you deserve it here

For what? Having a different view? Explaining that view? Having to explain to Habs what he actually said? Being deliberately misunderstood by people who just deflect from the point?

What do I deserve deserve that insult for?

You know what? This is my fault. I let Habs drag me into a semantics argument. I should know better than to let him do that and I apologize for it. Let's get away from Habs diversionary tactics of insults and self-projected accusations and get back to the topic at Habs.
    Banning abortion is a good thing, but reinstates inequality among the genders. Now, Habs will tell you I want abortion legal. That's because he refuses to understand what I've said. I don't like abortion. No one does. Simply banning abortion and doing nothing else will have women paying 100% of the consequence for what they are only 50% responsible.

Is this an argument for abortion? No, even though some think it is. The fact is by solving one problem, you create another. Just because that problem is seemingly minor in cmparison (better? Because it means the same as "relatively minor")doesn't mean it's right or even better.

Do you get it now?
    Last edited by Wickabee; 02-07-2013 at 11:45 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I now get wicks point, but tend to agree with Habs, there are things that just aren't equal between the sexes that really can't be solved to make things equal. I'm pro choice, but I don't think the argument that a woman needs an option of abortion to be able to walk away like a man can is a very good argument. I'm sure you have lots of other arguments to be pro choice, but this one just seems pretty unsubstantial compared to the more legitimate ones.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

And anyway, you're completely distracting from the point at hand, as you started off accusing me. Either learn English or quit doing what you accuse others of.

I challenge YOU or anyone for that matter to read this thread and show me where I said the following which you stated I said:

"My point is that saying making it perfectly okay to harm a woman because "it's relatively minor" is ridiculous and misogynystic."

"You want women to suffer 100% of the consequence men are 50% responsible for."

Find it! Post it word for word! and let everyone reading get a clear idea of how your mind distorts other people's word.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I now get wicks point, but tend to agree with Habs, there are things that just aren't equal between the sexes that really can't be solved to make things equal. I'm pro choice, but I don't think the argument that a woman needs an option of abortion to be able to walk away like a man can is a very good argument. I'm sure you have lots of other arguments to be pro choice, but this one just seems pretty unsubstantial compared to the more legitimate ones.

You almost get it. Almost.
    I'm saying there is a biological inequality that men take advantage of daily. Basically Ithink forcing women to take 100% of responsibility and men 0% when they're both 50% responsible. I'm not saying abortion is the way we should handle it or babies should die for equality, I'm saying this is the way we DO handle it and babies DO die for equality.
    Everyone here knows the difference between should and do, right?
    I'd love to see abortion banned (other than circumstantial) but not at the expense of recreating an inequality.
    Basically, there are a whole lot of men here who want to institutionalize consequences to women, but do absolutely nothing to force men to face the consequences they are equally responsible for. You're right, it's a terrible argument for abortion, but that's probably because I'm not arguing for abortion. Even if I was pro abortion, I wouldn't have to. It's here, job done.

That's the problem I think Habs is having. He's convinced I'm arguing that abortion is good. I'm not and never we. I think it's wrong to solve a problem without considering the ramifications of the solution itself.

Don't the Habs that though. He wont believe I said that.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 02-07-2013 at 11:54 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Exactly!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

You almost get it. Almost.

I see what you are saying. I just don't think it's a reason to allow abortions. Much better ones out there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For what? Having a different view? Explaining that view? Having to explain to Habs what he actually said? Being deliberately misunderstood by people who just deflect from the point?

What do I deserve deserve that insult for?

You know what? This is my fault. I let Habs drag me into a semantics argument. I should know better than to let him do that and I apologize for it. Let's get away from Habs diversionary tactics of insults and self-projected accusations and get back to the topic at Habs.
    Banning abortion is a good thing, but reinstates inequality among the genders. Now, Habs will tell you I want abortion legal. That's because he refuses to understand what I've said. I don't like abortion. No one does. Simply banning abortion and doing nothing else will have women paying 100% of the consequence for what they are only 50% responsible.

Is this an argument for abortion? No, even though some think it is. The fact is by solving one problem, you create another. Just because that problem is seemingly minor in cmparison (better? Because it means the same as "relatively minor")doesn't mean it's right or even better.

Do you get it now?

I guess the confusion comes in because I'm not for banning abortion so I'm not looking at this from that point of view at all.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Responses above your post. Read it for a change.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast