Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

What? You just told me I am "trying to lobby for a world where men can avoid consequence and women can't? Did you even read my first statement... I am saying it's all about choice and consequence from Men and Women. So if you want to see that I am not bringing up valid points- that's cool- but you putting words in my mouth does not hold any validity.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

What? You just told me I am "trying to lobby for a world where men can avoid consequence and women can't? Did you even read my first statement... I am saying it's all about choice and consequence from Men and Women. So if you want to see that I am not bringing up valid points- that's cool- but you putting words in my mouth does not hold any validity.

You want abortions to be illegal, but you don't want to do anything about deadbeat fathers. You don't seem to want equality. If a man has an option a woman should too. If a woman has no option, neither should a man.

So let's go the other way. Abortion is banned and you've taken away a woman's ability to skirt her consequences. What do you do to prevent men from skirting their consequences? Doing nothing would be a double standard and create a world where a man has the option to leave and the woman is stuck with a pregnancy that was only 50% her fault.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm advocating equality. If a special task force is created and actually legitimately run (not like the ATF) to hunt down and chain fathers to their children, then by all means, ban abortion.

I see what you are saying, but in my mind it doesn't make sense. Why would you want equality in (for lack of better words) bad things? Do you want men to be raped as much as women for equality sake? No, we work to stop men from raping women. I might be comparing apples to oranges, but this is how I see it in my simple mind.

SCF Rewards
    Country

But the WHOLE thing I was adding was NOT the idea of deadbeat anybody. yeah, there are cases too of a woman having the baby and being a deadbeat mom too. There are cases EVERY which way. MY POINT - was the education of choosing to have sex can result in pregnancy and to have people more aware of the consequences before they go into that relationship.... the whole point I was making is... If the option of abortion is SO READILY AVAILABLE- then consequences are not as bad-for there is always an out without thinking about it?

Ya know what i mean?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I see what you are saying, but in my mind it doesn't make sense. Why would you want equality in (for lack of better words) bad things? Do you want men to be raped as much as women for equality sake? No, we work to stop men from raping women. I might be comparing apples to oranges, but this is how I see it in my simple mind.

So take away a man's ability to up and leave the woman with 100% of the consequence for what he's 50% responsible. Simply banning abortion leaves men with a choice women don't get. We've evolved beyond that.

Your rape thing wasn't apples and oranges, it was apples and cars. And men do get raped, probably far more often than you think.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

With regards to men and their opinion on abortions. Men, as individuals directly involved in a pregnancy, have the right to voice their opinion to the woman but that is where it ends. A line has to be drawn in the decision making and the woman gets final say because it is her body.

Men, as members of society, have every right to speak out either for or against abortion in general. In the context that you are debating what is acceptable "killing", both men and women in society can weigh in on it.

The reason society accepts abortion as an option is simply due to the fact that we do not VALUE all life the same. Some bestow value on the life from conception with no exceptions. Others need that life to have viability before it can attain a value worthy of protecting. Still more need extenuating circumstances (such as rape) to override the value they would normally place on that life. While some are comfortable to measure the value against the potential inconvenience caused.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Yes, habs, yes. Thing is, only one side seeks to force their opinion on everyone else, while the other side doesn't want to control people.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So take away a man's ability to up and leave the woman with 100% of the consequence for what he's 50% responsible. Simply banning abortion leaves men with a choice women don't get. We've evolved beyond that.

Your rape thing wasn't apples and oranges, it was apples and cars. And men do get raped, probably far more often than you think.

It doesn't matter if It was apples and mars. Doing something wrong for the sake of equality is wrong. = Doesn't mean right.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

It doesn't matter if It was apples and mars. Doing something wrong for the sake of equality is wrong. = Doesn't mean right.

CHURCH!!
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So come up with a solution that makes us all happy instead of ramming institutionalized double standard down everyone's throat.

It's easy to point out problems. It takes some actual thought to come up with solutions. Until a solution is thought of, this is what we have. As long as everyone is pointing out what's wrong, we're merely treading water. Even trying to think of a solution would be a move forward.

Do you want to stay where you are, or swim ahead.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast