Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kencope's Items on eBay

Peyton Manning Contenders Auto Grade Is In

Sold off all of my Manning Contenders except this one. Just got the news on the grade. I think they hit the auto a bit harsh, but happy overall. 8.5 is a VERY tough grade to get on this condition sensitive set.

Set Name : 1998 Playoff Contenders Ticket
    Player Name : Pey.Manning AU/200*
    Date Graded : Monday, February 04, 2013
    Centering Grade : 8.5
    Corner Grade : 8.0
    Edges Grade : 8.5
    Surfaces Grade : 9.0
    Autograph Grade : 8.0
    Final Grade : 8.5

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Detroit Tigers Michigan Wolverines

8 - 8.5 would seem reasonable on the autograph. Looks as if what ever he was signing with was nearing the end of it's lifespan, but an 8.5 final grade still commands a small premium.

-Robert Lewis

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kencope's Items on eBay

Thanks for the input, Robert. Clearly there's some streaking, but the boldness is better than almost all Contenders Mannings I've owned. As for the premium, 8.5 actually gets about $800 over a non-graded on average. Either way I'm happy with the card, which is what matters in the end

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Detroit Tigers Michigan Wolverines

That is so true... I would not own a single card that did not please me. I believe a lot of people have lost sight of that.

-Robert Lewis