Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Nothing happened to Grabo, not even a fine. End of story, Patches was just being a wuss. Let's move on. lol a tetanus shot? Give me a break...

He only did that to get Shanaban to suspend Grabo. But Shanny didn't fall for his crap.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Patches should have gotten suspended. Third man in, nonsense claim etc etc etc.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

You Leafs and Habs Fans can find no common ground. Lol.

Kind of like the Red Wings, and the cretinous Divealanche.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Maple Leafs
    See durangatang7's Items on eBay

...I know that these Habs-Leafs games mean more to the Leafs fans, and I hope you guys enjoyed the win. Let's see what happens when we play at the ACC, where I'm told there's more "Let's Go Blue Jays!" chants than anything to do with the Leafs this year. :)

big lolz there! Leafs/Habs games mean something to Habs fans only when the Habs win!? C'mon man, these games always mean something to both sides regardless and if you are pretending otherwise you are lying to yourself haha. It was a great game by Toronto and a terrible game by Montreal and that's all there is to it. The next time they play it could be the opposite and then you will be on here saying everything Leafs fans are saying now.

To be honest, for the first time EVER, I actually am kinda pumped to see how the Blue Jays can do and if they can actually make the playoffs.

Dave Stubbs of the Montreal Gazette just confirmed that Pacioretty had a tetanus shot post-game for precautionary reasons.

Is this a joke? It has to be because it is so ridiculous I don't even know what to say to it. If Patches really did get bitten I didn't see any teeth imprints and if there was no breaking the skin what is the point of a tetanus shot other than to throw fuel on the media fire... I'm at a loss for words, I just looked it up and the tetanus shot really happened, wow............ RIDICULOUS.... credibility = gone.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

No I'm not lying to anybody especially not myself when I state my view that Habs/Leafs games mean more to Leafs fans than they do to myself and a large number of Habs fans. I regard Leafs games as only slightly more important than a game against Florida, and that's only because of the divisional points at play. I take no greater joy in the Habs beating Toronto (indeed, it is simply expected in the same way one expects Canada to defeat Belarus in international play) than I do in the Habs beating Buffalo. The defeat to Boston earlier in the week meant a lot more than what happened on Saturday.

I'll reiterate what I've said before on a number of occasions - there hasn't been a truly meaningful Habs/Leafs game in close to 40 years now. The closest you come to such a thing is the final game of the 06-07 season, which had the great honour of maybe getting 8th place in the East on the line.

The last two Habs/Leafs games that I've attended demonstrate my view to a T - they were both season finales and in both cases were merely a stepping stone to the Habs greater playoff ambitions. The verbal abuse I endured walking in downtown Toronto in April 2011 after the Habs disposed of the Leafs to set up a playoffs battle against Boston reaffirmed my position that "The Rivalry" means more to Leafs fans. I smiled and waved at people who were swearing at me and flipping me off and making many comments I cannot post here, because my boys had bigger fish to fry than dealing with a non-playoff team's rabid and vitriolic fans.

Do I speak for everybody? Of course not. But I think that the responses of the Leafs fans in this thread, who are savouring a victory (and good on ya for it) and trying to wonder "where all the Habs fans are" and such - it again re-affirms my position that it means more to the people on your side of the ledger. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's just the way it is. Go look up the archives in this forum from those nights when the Habs have defeated the Leafs, if there's even threads created for those nights at all. We just don't savour and relish defeating the Maple Leafs in the same way that you guys lap up a victory over the Habs.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

RGM81!!!!!! Good post!!!! Next game vs Toronto will be better!!! Keep it up!

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Pacioretty had no business being the 3rd Man In - Correct

Pacioretty, being the 3rd Man in should have not grabbed Grabovski by the face. - Correct.

Unfortunately, whether Pacioretty was, or was not supposed to be involved, if he was actually bitten, then that supersedes any previous activity or transgression.

Now, if he was not bitten, and sent for a Tetanus Shot, then you are witnessing Habs preciousness at it's finest. If either player wants to come clean, I will gladly form a conclusion, based only on that. as of now, everything is conjecture.

Somewhere within, lies the truth. If he was bitten, then Grabovski should be suspended, if not then Pacioretty will be the boy who cried wolf and will be the target of the league.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No I'm not lying to anybody especially not myself when I state my view that Habs/Leafs games mean more to Leafs fans than they do to myself and a large number of Habs fans. I regard Leafs games as only slightly more important than a game against Florida, and that's only because of the divisional points at play. I take no greater joy in the Habs beating Toronto (indeed, it is simply expected in the same way one expects Canada to defeat Belarus in international play) than I do in the Habs beating Buffalo. The defeat to Boston earlier in the week meant a lot more than what happened on Saturday.

I'll reiterate what I've said before on a number of occasions - there hasn't been a truly meaningful Habs/Leafs game in close to 40 years now. The closest you come to such a thing is the final game of the 06-07 season, which had the great honour of maybe getting 8th place in the East on the line.

The last two Habs/Leafs games that I've attended demonstrate my view to a T - they were both season finales and in both cases were merely a stepping stone to the Habs greater playoff ambitions. The verbal abuse I endured walking in downtown Toronto in April 2011 after the Habs disposed of the Leafs to set up a playoffs battle against Boston reaffirmed my position that "The Rivalry" means more to Leafs fans. I smiled and waved at people who were swearing at me and flipping me off and making many comments I cannot post here, because my boys had bigger fish to fry than dealing with a non-playoff team's rabid and vitriolic fans.

Do I speak for everybody? Of course not. But I think that the responses of the Leafs fans in this thread, who are savouring a victory (and good on ya for it) and trying to wonder "where all the Habs fans are" and such - it again re-affirms my position that it means more to the people on your side of the ledger. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's just the way it is. Go look up the archives in this forum from those nights when the Habs have defeated the Leafs, if there's even threads created for those nights at all. We just don't savour and relish defeating the Maple Leafs in the same way that you guys lap up a victory over the Habs.

I dunno, normally I respect your posts, but this seems like sour grapes to me. Any time the Habs do anything even remotely well, Habs fans are plastering it in everyone's faces. If they were to dominate the Leafs as the Leafs did to them in this game, you'd get a similar response from Habs fans as you have from Leafs fans in this thread. To say that Habs-Leafs games are only really important to Leafs fans borders on ridiculous. I've lived in both Toronto and Ottawa and thus have dealt with my fair share of Canadiens fans, and if they win a game by a large margin, you can hear them for days.

Honestly, if the Habs were to beat the Leafs 6-0, beat them in every fight, and just flat out beat them, you and all the other Habs fans wouldn't say a word? Doubtful.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

*sigh* I didn't say "that Habs-Leafs games are only really important to Leafs fans" anywhere in my commentary on this thread. I said that they're more important to Leafs fans than they are to Habs fans. There's a very wide philosophical difference there between the two statements.

Again, I challenge you to go through the history of GDT's and such in this forum and find commentaries from "[me] and all the other Habs fans" "plastering it in everyone's faces" when Montreal beats the Leafs. You may get a couple, sure. You won't find it from me because -- and I repeat myself for the umpteenth time -- it just doesn't mean that much to me to beat a perennial basement-dweller. Knocking off the Bruins, the Red Wings, the Blackhawks, and other elite teams in the NHL - that's an important win for the Canadiens.

My grapes are as fresh as can be. Like I said earlier, I stopped watching the game after the 3-0 goal because it was clear that the Habs didn't show up and I had more important things to do on my Saturday evening. Indeed, I didn't even get involved in this thread until late yesterday because I didn't get all that worked up over the final result and because, hey, you Leafs fans deserve a little bit of time to savour the fun, right?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Maple Leafs
    See durangatang7's Items on eBay

One things for sure, after that lengthy post, you definitely care about refuting how much you care about Leafs/Habs games haha. Like another poster said I find it hard to believe that Leafs fans are more gung-ho about posting when Toronto wins. If the same game had been reversed there definitely would have been a similar thread created and with good reason, it was a beat down in more than one respect and I was surprised and expected a much better game. From my personal experience the Habs fans I have meet through the years have been far more vocal and obnoxious when it comes to their team.

So you think if I was wearing a Leafs jersey walking down Montreal Canadiens Avenue after that game I wouldn't have been verbally abused?? Really?? If I was speaking English out loud while wearing a Leafs jersey I would fear that I might be clubbed or mugged and that's not even a joke. I'm sorry I'm not buying what you are saying either, like the other poster said I usually respect your posts and I see them all over the place but this time it seems all too familiar reaction that I have seen many times from Habs fans, sour grapes is right. I'm sure next game they play will be better and maybe the Habs will actually show up this time and we can see if there is a thread created by some gung-ho Habs fans.

EDIT
    After reading your posts over again, the passive aggressive comments don't help your cause either, they just reinforce the sour grapes. In this shortened season every win means that much more and that win leap frogged Toronto over Montreal in the standings so it meant something. If the Habs were playing the "perennial basement dwellers" how come they didn't even show up and how come they got beat down so easily??? The game was over less than 5 minutes in...
    Last edited by durangatang; 02-12-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast