Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Good times in Leaf land =). I would have liked to have seen Orr fight Gionta. Looks like Kessel is on one of his hot streaks again and Phaneuf finally got some points!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

As a Leaf fan, this had to be one of the best games since the 04-05 lockout and since it was against the Habs, it made it that much better too. Hopefully Grabovski didn't intend to bite Pacioretty, but my thinking is: what would be your inital insince when someone has their arm locked around your head and throws their wrist into your mouth?. I could somewhat imagine the initial instinct to bite but then immediately release once the thought registers. If it was intentional though, yes it doesn't belong and he should be suspended.

That McLaren - Gorges fight was also pretty funny to watch. I respect Gorges having the heart and trying to do his part, but that was a very lopsided match when he chose to take on McLaren.
    Last edited by flemingc04; 02-10-2013 at 10:55 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Hopefully the Leaf's can build on this win and not put a stinker in the next one which is what I have been accustomed to. I like this playoff brand of hockey they are playing and Colton Orr is back to being one of the most feared pugilists in the league which is nice to see b/c he worked his butt off the past year to get back into the NHL.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

No sympathy for "patches". Grabo was engaged with Prust. Pacoretti had no business getting involved with them. Iirc max was tangled up with Komarov. I got a kick out of the sore losers interviews after the game too lol. Great game Leafs. Congrats Reimer and Komarov.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Komarov is quickly becoming one of my favorite Leaf's. He's one of those guys that does everything. Over the past couple of games he's taken faceoffs and played on a bunch of lines and doesn't complain. He has that aw shucks kind of attitude and just does his job. That and he is second in the league in hits, as a rookie. That takes some guts!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Pacciorrety was just looking for an excuse. I saw a close up of the play he was talking about and his glove was in Grabo's mouth so what else was Grabo supposed to do? Where are the Habs fans anyway? Funny how they like to dish it out, but can't take it when their team has a stinker.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

^^^that^^^

SCF Rewards
    Country

Where are the Habs fans anyway? Funny how they like to dish it out, but can't take it when their team has a stinker.

Here is one Habs fan :) That game was such a huge stinker I've been trying to forget about it. lol

The Leafs were definitely the better team last night. Habs had nothing. Was pretty disappointing to watch. There is very little size on this team so getting into a fighting game with the Leafs makes no sense. Jorges tried his best to stand up for his team and fight but it looked like the Leaf guy was just laughing at him the whole time.

As for Patches getting bit and someone saying instinct is to bite...totally have to disagree with that. Watch every scrum that starts...no matter what team...the third guy always goes for the other guy's face. Biting deserves a suspension...that is one of the few things that is just not allowed in the game.

Skating hard and fore checking is what a small, fast team needs to do to be successful. Unfortunately, they did not do that last night. Gionta and Gallagher are great small players who play hard, but the team needs more large players who can skate, score and fight to play with them. Someone like Lucic is what the Habs need. Our third and fourth line guys are not fighters (Eller, Armstrong, Galchenyuk, Gallagher). Can't expect Moen, Prust and White (when he is in the lineup) to take on a whole team.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

NICE!! An objective Habs fan! lol. You are correct in your assessment that the Habs need more toughness and that is where I think the Leaf's are better than a lot of teams out there. They have size and people that aren't afraid to use it with the likes of Phaneuf, Frasor, Franson and even Holzer. All of them are over 6 feet and 220 pounds. Why do you think Komisarek is riding the pines? He's a big guy, but plays like a chicken.

I pity someone like Gallagher b/c he tried his best all game to get something started, but that simple shouldn't be his role to do so. He's a skill guy that should focus on scoring and not motivating your team with physical play. Prust has always been a heart and soul guy, but again he's not a feared fighter in thel league and the Habs could really use someone like a George Parros. Tough guy who can play a regular shift on the 4th line.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Pacciorrety was just looking for an excuse. I saw a close up of the play he was talking about and his glove was in Grabo's mouth so what else was Grabo supposed to do? Where are the Habs fans anyway? Funny how they like to dish it out, but can't take it when their team has a stinker.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I left after the 3-0 goal, went to my traders night, and then watched my Rockets get schooled by the Winterhawks. I laughed when I saw the final score and didn't hear about all the theatrics and the biting nonsense until this morning. I'm sure that the League will do what is appropriate to Grabovski for that completely unprofessional behaviour.

Every team will have their fair share of lopsided wins and losses - just ask the Sabres, who we pounded a week ago. Pity that it had to come against the world-beaters from Toronto, but to me it's just one really bad game in what has been a pretty decent season so far. I know that these Habs-Leafs games mean more to the Leafs fans, and I hope you guys enjoyed the win. Let's see what happens when we play at the ACC, where I'm told there's more "Let's Go Blue Jays!" chants than anything to do with the Leafs this year. :)
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast