Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

This is a very important thread, and I hope everyone takes the time to read the first post in the thread.

Cheers, Tim!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I always use a customs tag after I got about 40 envelopes sent back all at once saying customs forms needed. They were returned to Canada post from USPS. Customers were not happy because it took 2 weeks for me to get them back and mail them out again its not worth the hassle and negative feedback

I stopped buying small cards from the USA. Its not worth it unless the value is $50+ I buy it from another Canadian since it cheaper on shipping now. I know a lot of of guys I used to buy and trade from in the USA that I can't deal with now because of the shipping cost. USPS is stupid to raise prices sky high like that. I understand they are under a lot of stress to start running in the green again but this is just going to make things worse. I mean double sometimes even triple the cost for shipping international is just plain dumb on top of that I sometimes get dinged for Customs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

sent a few packages last wk from my College's P.O. to canada. They shipped the bubble mailers as a large envelope, no customs forms needed and I didn't even have to ask for it.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Don't shoot the messenger. If it's not happening at your P.O. does not mean it's not happening elsewhere. People aren't going to stop shipping to Canada cheaply just because your own Post Office does not have a clue.

Go somewhere else and ship them

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See eraldred0's Items on eBay

Thanks for the info

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

I hate to rain on this thread but it needs to be made clear that you can no longer ship via reinforced PWE from USA to Canada. I went to two different post offices today and both told me that because the package can't bend, it has to be sent as a parcel. I specifically asked if I could send it "Letter Rate, non-machineable. ANd they told me there is no such thing as. Of course, one of these post offices did ship a card for me via this method just last week. It looks like the PWE's have clogged their system. I'm sure word will spread to the rest of the post offices soon. PS- Parcel rate=package rate=$6.55 for 3oz.

BANNED

Country

Why have you now Ruined 2 of my Threads? You came on and did this in the Sticky, and now you are here doing the same thing. Lots of people are having success with both Large Envelope and or Non-Machineable.

My receipt shows the words "Non-Machineable". Did you even bother to go to the first page of this thread?

Who the hell told you PWE's were clogging the system? That's nonsense. People didn't just start using PWE's the day you went there, They also don't go near a machine how is that possible?

The amount of PWE's going to Canada are so small that it does not register on the USPS grid. The number of bubbles, slightly higher, not an issue.
    Last edited by centrehice; 02-16-2013 at 01:44 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

When I ship cards I recycle all of my bubble mailers. I take the used ones and I put them inside a 6 x 9 manila envelope. Ever since the price increase the PO that I use has been really good about sending them out as large envelopes. I went the other day and there was a new person at the window. When I told him how I wanted to send them he plain flat out said "No, that's not how it's suppose to go". He went on to tell me that I need to fill out a custom form and that they will sent as packages at the higher cost. I told him no thanks and grabbed my envelopes and left. I went back on Friday and shipped them out as large envelopes

2.70 oz = $2.45
    2.60 oz - $2.45

It just depends on who you get at the window.

BANNED

Country

Non-Machineable Surcharge is for - Rigid Envelopes

It's in the USPS manual. Why are people disputing this? Especially when I an showing receipts with the words "Non-Machineable" on it?

Whichever works for you - Non-Machineable Bubble or Non-Machineable PWE, or Large Envelope Bubble, all are available. You need a clerk that has an open mind, and does not think they own the Post Office
    Last edited by centrehice; 02-16-2013 at 01:45 PM.

BANNED

Country

When I ship cards I recycle all of my bubble mailers. I take the used ones and I put them inside a 6 x 9 manila envelope. Ever since the price increase the PO that I use has been really good about sending them out as large envelopes. I went the other day and there was a new person at the window. When I told him how I wanted to send them he plain flat out said "No, that's not how it's suppose to go". He went on to tell me that I need to fill out a custom form and that they will sent as packages at the higher cost. I told him no thanks and grabbed my envelopes and left. I went back on Friday and shipped them out as large envelopes

2.70 oz = $2.45
    2.60 oz - $2.45

It just depends on who you get at the window.

Tony:

Those both went out as large Envelopes because you were over 2.0 Ounces. The moment this happens, the charge is slightly higher than Non-Machineable Envelope. Non- Machineable Envelope cannot weigh over 2 ounces.

But, yes I agree, it all depends on who the employee is.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast