Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

you would think so....but ive had different results depending on the clerk...the old school clerks that have been shipping my packages for years dont mind me using the large letter ($2.50 approx) while a couple young guns are hell bent on charging me $6.50+...so im just going to politely decline to be served by the young men for now on and wait for the open minded senior clerks. the information provided by the OP is valid and its up to us to try and find the clerks that are willing to work with us....if you dont like what a doctor tells you then you go to another doctor for a second opinion....dont we

to further add on you could go to 3 different clerks and it's not out of the possibility to receive 2 different prices or even. Comparing a doctor's opinion on your health to a postal clerk on rates they charge is just a bit of a stretch. Also when does the extra travel,gas and time eventually become a zero sum gain?
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just went to my local post office the other day with a size#000 bubble mailer addressed to Canada (from the US). They accepted it as a "large envelope" w/o the customs form and what not. Weight was only 1 oz (2 cards, top loader, and team bag) and it ended up costing me like $2.50 total. Hopefully this works...

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

USPS Clerks were all given a standard form with those crazy arrows when you get to a "What Happens Next" I saw it with my own eyes.

When you get to the point with a bubble envelope or a thicker PWE that will not go through the smallest USPS Slot Guide ..... the arrow then goes to the right -> It says " Non-Machineable or Large Envelope.

There is also an arrow that goes down. It is only used if the Bubble Envelope or PWE exceeds 3.5 Ounces.

The New Magic Number that we all thought was 2.0 Ounces, is actually 3.5 Ounces

Conclusion.... Finally:

You can ship to any International Location, from any destination in the USA, at any USPS outlet, ship a Bubble Envelope, or a PWE that is under 3.5 Ounces for either the Non-Machinable Rate, or the Large Envelope Rate, via International Letter.

You cannot use a Customs Form as this precludes any directives and automatically becomes an International Package.

For those of you still struggling, don't give up, somebody at your local PO must have received this form.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    See pensfan254858's Items on eBay

thanks for the info.
    Collecting: John Vanbiesbrouck (Panthers)
    Collecting: PC ITC Jumbo Mem (33/57)
    Collecting: ​Pinnacle, BAP, BTP Masks
    Collecting: Penguins Autographed pucks (Cup Years)
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks Vegas Golden Knights
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Will have to try this! Thanks!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Mind your own business, I'm not talking to you.

See, it's this kind of comment that makes people think you are an @$$ and only serves to detract from your attempted message. It's great that this works for you, but more than one person has had a different experience. Don't have a hissy fit when they share it.

I only use the Automated Postal Center now to print my postage - if I take anything padded to a clerk, it goes as a package. I have tried three different post offices in Phoenix and all tell me that. If I leave a customs form off of the envelope, then I find it back in my mailbox in a couple of days. So, for me, this is what works:

- go to the APC, calculate shipping for large envelope to country of delivery
    - stick a customs form on it with "photos" as content
    - buy a stamp with 30 cents added to the calculated charge and stick it on
    - pray to the postal gods

I've been doing this since well before the rates shot up and haven't had any trouble. YMMV.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mind your own business, I'm not talking to you.

This is a public forum, sir

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(47)
    Country
    See dre2112's Items on eBay

I tried this method at 3 local post offices. It only worked once. Unfortunately, this method only works if you are willing to lie that your hockey card is a photo or document, which, as much as you would like, a card, especially auto/GU is NOT a photo and therefore must be sent as a parcel. Also, the fact that there are dutiable goods in the package, cannot be sent as a letter, machineable or not.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pyrayork's Items on eBay

I also have tried 3 different PO's and had different results every time.....So what I now do is if I know the card will sell for less than $25,I just slap 4 stamps on it and send it on its way.No customs form,lines,or clueless clerks,and so far none have been returned to me...If its a higher end card I try to send it as a large envelope,just so I have proof that I mailed it....Its actually been costing me less to mail to Canada than before the rates went up.....

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

See, it's this kind of comment that makes people think you are an @$$ and only serves to detract from your attempted message. It's great that this works for you, but more than one person has had a different experience. Don't have a hissy fit when they share it.

I only use the Automated Postal Center now to print my postage - if I take anything padded to a clerk, it goes as a package. I have tried three different post offices in Phoenix and all tell me that. If I leave a customs form off of the envelope, then I find it back in my mailbox in a couple of days. So, for me, this is what works:

- go to the APC, calculate shipping for large envelope to country of delivery
    - stick a customs form on it with "photos" as content
    - buy a stamp with 30 cents added to the calculated charge and stick it on
    - pray to the postal gods

I've been doing this since well before the rates shot up and haven't had any trouble. YMMV.

You called my out, you do that, you get it right back. I'm trying to help everyone out here, you got a beef with that, then be a man and send me a PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast