Thread: Baseball Card Death

Unhappy Baseball Card Death

I was just reminded of my sorry baseball card collection on this site:

www.baseballcarddeath.com

Now I’m depressed but the site’s still funny as hell!

I like their pics of "Can't Miss Stars". I think I remember buying 50-card rookie lots of some of those guys...

you're telling me...I have a pile of Rated Rookies and TASRC's that I think cumulatively are worth less than a penny.

Well, I didn't start collecting till they stopped overproducing cards, which was around 1996/97. And I usually only collect what I'll keep. That is exactly why I don't consider my cards an "investment" because I don't have a clue how much they will be worth in so many years. All I know is most cards I buy go in my collection anyways, but I do agree with this page.

I think the hobby of collecting sports cards has increased in participants this year quite a bit. I think the kids that stopped collecting to play video games are coming back into the hobby (ala Me), because they (I) have found video games and other stuf boring. They have realized that you can only play video games for so long before they get boring, and collecting sports cards is something you can pass on from generation to generation.

I can tell you this for sure, the video game era has peaked out a couple years ago, and its slow decline is starting to begin. Soon many kids will be looking to do something else besides sit in front of their computer/television and play a video game.

As they say, history repeats itself.

I like how you make it seem like you just found the site when it's actually your site. Don't spam your site in the talk forum, we have a sites & suctions forum, which is where this is getting moved to.

Rick