Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question What is the first pack or box of basketball cards that you can remember opening?

What is the first pack or box of basketball cards that you can remember opening? For some this might be harder than others to answer so that's why I ask what one you have the first memory of opening.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See laconaduke's Items on eBay

86 Fleer! $10 for the box and i put together a set that later paid for my first car. Not a bad flip.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fleer 93-94 pack from card shaq. Pulled a domminique wilkins nba superstar.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

88/89 Topps with the Pippen rookie and rookies of Mark Jackson.John Stockton and reggie miller

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Pack: 92-93 Topps. Pulled a Spud Webb base.

Box: 93-94 Fleer for my 9th birthday in 1993. Pulled the draft redemption card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I rember being about 7 years old or so during the early 19980s and someone gave me a bunch of hockey and star trek cards for halloween. I was a kid and wasn't interested in hockey or cards back then so all of those cards were played with and eventually pictched out in the trash. X-( A couple of years later when I was into sports my daddy bought me a pack of football cards for christmas. I took a little bit better care of them but most of them became damaged/destroyed over the years. I eventually learned my lesson.

Edit: As far as basketball was concerned my first packs that I can recall was the 1990-91 nba hoops.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 02-28-2013 at 03:00 PM.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (8)
    Country
    Navy
    See cbuskstwar's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

95 Finest

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

1991-92 Hoops McDonalds, with a Happy Meal, when I was 8. I got Larry Johnson and Dikembe Mutombo in that first pack, and still have those today, set aside in special frames, for sentimental value.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think mine was 97-98 Victory or what ever it was. It came with chocolate.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See glaspi2's Items on eBay

I remember my first packs like they were yesterday. A local video store at the time sold packs of basketball cards behind his counter. Kids from school were going so I eventually bugged my parents to the point my Dad took me one weekend. I got to open 3 packs that day:
    96 scoreboard - which got me a unlicensed scottie pippen card and and two Allen Iversons (one was a checklist i think)
    96-97 collectors choice - pulled a KG/Kobe/Jermaine O'neal mini
    96-97 nba hoops - pulled an MJ the big finish subset car (thought it was the coolest looking card then lol)
    The cool thing is that I'm pretty sure I still have all those cards

And one year Santa brought me a box of 94-95 skybox, my first box ever. My parents told me that I should open one pack a day lol. I'm surprised I actually made it last 3 whole days. I was bummed that there wasn't even an MJ base though.

Miss the good ol' days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast