Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country

I scan and print on photopaper. Have hundreds of autos on my walls. None are real. All the real stuff is in the safe.

I must be the only one that thinks this is a cool idea. You can display your items, but don't have to worry about them getting destroyed or stolen. And if someone wants to see the real thing, you can show them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

redacted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by twilson3; 11-04-2016 at 03:17 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That seems kind of pointless to me, whats the point of having them if you arent going to display the real things?

As for making photocopies... Yah I wouldn't do that. You might as well not own any and just print pictures off of the Internet.

I really don't see whats so stupid about displaying reprints of stuff I own. I know I own what I am looking at, few, if anyone who also looks at them can tell the difference without getting up close and inspecting them closely.
    Plus, as I said above, I don't have to worry about light, or theft. If I want, I could save a boatload of money on framing, since I can get $2 reprints from adoramapix, $3 frames without matting since these can touch glass without any concern. And all the high value stuff can be stored away securely.
    The only real stuff on my walls are the signed pieces of equipment, since I can't scan a whole hockeystick or game used glove.

Huh? So you display fake autographs? Any interest in buying scans of my autos? Great prices.....

Now that would be stupid. Absolutely everything I have displayed I own, and if I want a whole cast on the wall, I won't even fake it with a placeholder scan from online.

I must be the only one that thinks this is a cool idea. You can display your items, but don't have to worry about them getting destroyed or stolen. And if someone wants to see the real thing, you can show them.

Thank you.
    This whole wall is reprints (except the equipment). If you owned all these, would you really be less excited about looking at it even though you know you owned all of them?

This whole cast mat has ~$1000 worth of sigs in it. All are authenticated and slabbed and stored away. Would you really want the originals on your wall?
    Last edited by alifaxwa2; 02-26-2013 at 08:54 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are you guys ever worried about the card frames not having UV protection? I'd like to put some of my autos in one but I'm afraid the signatures will fade over time.

I'm going to list a couple of links. I have never used any of these since my displays/cubes are all UV protected but this may be an option. The last link is a PDF. If anyone has ever used any of these please comment.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/us...ed-photos-8724
    http://www.tru-vue.com/Museums/produ...museum-acrylic
    http://www.tru-vue.com/files/consume...ionframing.pdf

...Rick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123