Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post UK fisherman catches a 1,320-pound blue marlin

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/...+biggest+ever/

UK angler Kevin Gardner landed his first blue marlin on Monday and it was a doozy.

Fishing off Ascension Island in the South Atlantic Ocean, a destination known for its "granders," aka 1,000-pound marlin, Gardner boated one of the biggest blue marlin ever caught, an incredible 1,320-pounder.

It was said to be the second-largest blue marlin taken at Ascension Island, behind a 1,337-pounder landed in 2002. By comparison, the IGFA all-tackle world record for Atlantic blue marlin is 1,402 pounds caught off Brazil in February 1992. The all-tackle Pacific blue marlin is 1,376 pounds.

The scale master reported the fish weighing 1,320 pounds and measuring 149 inches from the tip of the lower jaw to the inner fork of the tale with a girth of 83 inches.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The man should have not killed that beautiful fish. People are fishing for huge Marlin, but not killing them. There is a way to get an exact accurate weight without destroying the fish. Not cool.

When people are not eating what they catch, or providing good food for other with their catch, they should be releasing them, especially wonderful specimens like this one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

awesome catch, but even as a fisherman who keeps fish I would have probably wanted to release this fish. I'd be bummed that I wouldn't have the typical trophy photo, but I wouldn't be able to use that much meat. For me it's about the catch than having the meat. Halibut yield half of their weight in meat. I'm not sure if these are the same, but if it halved out, 660 pounds is a ton of meat.

I do know that in some cases the charter companies can sell fish to fisheries, but would have no clue about the regulations in this area or anything.