Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Card cutting question for the pros

Ok,I have been searching for as much info as I can and even constructing a few different cutters with little success.I have tried rotary blades,fixed blades,steel rule cutting as well as stacking.Does anyone know or even have an idea/method of how card companies cut the thicker cards? I'm talking about Sweet Spot type thickness cards.I am intrested in how they cut the outside 2.5 x 3.5 so smoothly.I can see the layers of cardstock but they look pefectly and squarely cut.How would this be done in addition to not chipping or wrecking the front and back printed sides?Any info would be appreciated.

-Steve

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Wow 45 peeks and not a word,lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

They probably use a guillotine.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Not for that kind of thicknes as It would chomp that card up.Also a guillotine cutter does not leave squared edge when you look down the cut side.It leaves a bevel like this / from the blade.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not for that kind of thicknes as It would chomp that card up.Also a guillotine cutter does not leave squared edge when you look down the cut side.It leaves a bevel like this / from the blade.

Not if the blade and cards are properly supported...
    Check out the 3:55 mark of this video

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

I can't get Youtube on the work comp.I'm going to check it out when I get home,thanks.
    Not if the blade and cards are properly supported...
    Check out the 3:55 mark of this video

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yep, the exact same method that Office Depot uses.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Wow,ok I see now,that's some machine.I was thinking in the line of he swing arm ones.Thanks so much for the link looks like I have to find a simpler way to get the same effect.