Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Why No Jordan?????

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bendenham's Items on eBay

Why No Jordan?????

Maybe this question has a really obvious answer and maybe has even been talked about it on here before... but if so, I haven't seen it.

Why does Panini not put MJ in any of there sets?

I know he practically owns UD, but LeBron is also exclusive to UD, but because Panini has the NBA rights, they still have his cards and his memorabilia. Can they not do it?, or do they choose not to to prove some sort of point?

I'm not an MJ collector, just very curious... Imagine what an MJ Gold Prizm would look like and sell for. It would easily be the hottest card on the market.

Anyway, would love some insight. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

He has an exclusive contract with upper deck and since he isn't a current player panini doesn't have the right I include him in any of there sets.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He has an exclusive contract with upper deck and since he isn't a current player panini doesn't have the right I include him in any of there sets.

This

Lebron is a current player while Jordan is retired. Oddly enough when Jordan was playing he was actually limited in how often he could appear in non Upper Deck products. I think I threw away the magazine that had the story but a company like Fleer could only have so many inserts of Jordan while Upper Deck could make however many they wanted of him.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

+1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bendenham's Items on eBay

I figured it might be something along those lines... I just thought that with the NBA contract they would be able to put him in there in a Bulls uni from the 90s. Thanks for the input!

-Ben

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Panini would have to negotiate a separate contract for each retired player to have the right to use their likeness, UD has the exclusive on him so that's no happening. LeBron is current and Panini's license means they can use him on cards but can't produce autograph cards because UD has that exclusive on autographs only.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This

Lebron is a current player while Jordan is retired. Oddly enough when Jordan was playing he was actually limited in how often he could appear in non Upper Deck products. I think I threw away the magazine that had the story but a company like Fleer could only have so many inserts of Jordan while Upper Deck could make however many they wanted of him.

+1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I hate exclusives. They are killing the hobby.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content