Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I said nothing about the OP. I was speaking about the hypothetical person talking to "God".

In the hypothetical situation, the OP reffered to the hypothetical person as "me" or himself.
    You told him any thinking person would not respond as he did, but as you did.
    Therefor, he must not be a thinking person and you must be.
    That's what your post said. Maybe you meant something completely different, but I can't know that. I can only go by what you say and what you said was arrogant and laughable.

I drew attention to the ridiculousness of accepting those responses from "God". Just because you want to be a meek follower of this "God" does not make me arrogant for questioning His stupid methods of controlling my life.

Here's another mistake of yours. Thinking I want to be a meek follower of God. I do not. I don't even claim to know if God exists. With that said I do know that if he does and I get the chance to meet him, I wouldn't have the balls to tell off the creator of the universe and explain to him why what he does is wrong. I'm not that arrogant.

And I don't draw attention to myself by saying I would in a long-winded, self righteous post. That would be pathetic.

You responded by trying to insult me. From now on I am going to ignore you and just report each and every one of your posts that insults another member. The mods have been letting you get away with too much lately.

I didn't try to insult you. You have an odd view of reality. An insult is "Any thinking person wouldn't respond how you did" I merely pointed out that what you said was very arrogant and, honestly, hilariously immature. Your post sounded like a 16 year old saying "You know what I'd say to God, man..." Funny thing is, that kid can't even tell of his teachers, let alone God. I see you as no different.

You again try to tell me I'm doing what you did. You can't defend your actions, so you turn the accusation around. You can't even come up with one of your own, you had to steal mine.

And I'm getting pathetic? Please.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

You can just say that without a long drawn out bunch of ranting flower by telling the OP he's not a thinking person.
    You did it. Why couldn't he?

You were concise and made a valid point. He was arrogant and made a spectacle of his post. You said, "what about the other guy?" he said "I'm better because I thought of the other guy."

Those are two very different points.

I agree that his post had some snarkiness to it. I don't know if that automatically means he's being arrogant. I guess it just depends on the way each reader interprets it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

no matter who, what, when, where, or why, bring in God and it starts an argument.

i seriously feel people fear that there is a chance God could exist and fight it with everything they can. some how knowing there is a God makes someone weak, dumb, vulnerable, or worse.

not sure why

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

HMMM???????????????????/ Good Point
    no matter who, what, when, where, or why, bring in God and it starts an argument.

i seriously feel people fear that there is a chance God could exist and fight it with everything they can. some how knowing there is a God makes someone weak, dumb, vulnerable, or worse.

not sure why

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

not sure why

I think that all depends on what one believes. I've heard people say and think certain things based off of their religious beliefs that make them look extremely dumb. That's not to say that I then think all religious people are dumb.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I agree that his post had some snarkiness to it. I don't know if that automatically means he's being arrogant. I guess it just depends on the way each reader interprets it.

You don't think a long post with the point of "If I met God I'd tell him off. Anyone who thinks would!" is arrogant?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

It's a tough job being a god-botherer. You just go from being humbled, feeling shame, being embarrassed, etc.

Now get up off the floor and be a man for the first time today, stop talking to the voices that are in your head. Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

we are not all Catholic nor do all of us find the need to be on our knees and I would bet we all have different views on what being a man is.. being humble is a great thing, but there is no shame or embarrassment that comes with believing, that would be left for those who are lying to themselves for whatever purpose, doesn't come with knowing there is a God, but then again, I believe in freewill others may not.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

not sure why

Nup. We have chosen to live our lives based on solid evidence or in this case of jesus, the holy spirit, a lack thereof. The fact that not one person has had a verifiable experience with god, a photo, a miracle etc. it's a stretch at best.

If you have taken the time to travel to religious shrines like I have where miracles were and are suppose to happen all the time - Lourdes, Fatima, etc.. It's no different than a Carnival.

You don't get healed no matter how strong your faith is, you lunge forward out of your wheel-chair, you dump your crutches and fall down grasping at the water at Lourdes, and eventually people take pity on you and either help you back onto your crutches or back into your wheel-chair, cause Brother, It Ain't Happenin.

It's no different than the guy that comes to the Full Gospel Church in a wheel-chair. He says Halleluiah, fall forward out of the chair, the crazy-@ssed preacher lays hands on him, and within 10 seconds the guy is break-dancing.

Yes, break-dancing just like he did in his excitement upon walking into the buffet line after church the previous Sunday.

Go check his car, he does not have hand controls, he has to use his feet.

if it looks like a duck, if it acts like a duck.....
    Last edited by centrehice; 02-20-2013 at 09:39 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

In the hypothetical situation, the OP reffered to the hypothetical person as "me" or himself.
    You told him any thinking person would not respond as he did, but as you did.
    Therefor, he must not be a thinking person and you must be.
    That's what your post said. Maybe you meant something completely different, but I can't know that. I can only go by what you say and what you said was arrogant and laughable.

I have seen this "hypothetical conversation" a number of times. I am quite certain the OP did not post what HIS actual responses would be to God in this hypothetical situation. Where is the OP's outrage at my arrogance and insults if they were directed at him? You jumped in for a couple of reasons; first, you can't seem to put past threads/disagreements behind you, and second, YOU were insulted by my lack of respect for the answers this God was supplying.

Here's another mistake of yours. Thinking I want to be a meek follower of God. I do not. I don't even claim to know if God exists. With that said I do know that if he does and I get the chance to meet him, I wouldn't have the balls to tell off the creator of the universe and explain to him why what he does is wrong. I'm not that arrogant.

There is nothing arrogant about questioning "God's" responses if they are completely ridiculous. Why haven't you commented on the stupidity of what this "God" had to say?

And I don't draw attention to myself by saying I would in a long-winded, self righteous post. That would be pathetic.

My post wasn't long-winded at all, it incorporated the OP's post in it. It had far fewer words than the diatribe of yours that I am quoting now. Its purpose was to draw attention to the stupidity of this God and the hypothetical person that was swallowing his manure hook, line and sinker because he is a "God".

I didn't try to insult you. You have an odd view of reality. An insult is "Any thinking person wouldn't respond how you did" I merely pointed out that what you said was very arrogant and, honestly, hilariously immature. Your post sounded like a 16 year old saying "You know what I'd say to God, man..." Funny thing is, that kid can't even tell of his teachers, let alone God. I see you as no different.

Again, I wasn't insulting the OP because I believed he wasn't using his own words. He can correct me at any time if he feels my interpretation of his post is wrong. I will then openly apologize to him and ask him to respond to my set of answers for "God".

You again try to tell me I'm doing what you did. You can't defend your actions, so you turn the accusation around. You can't even come up with one of your own, you had to steal mine.

My first post was about the OP's topic, and I have explained my reasoning behind it. YOUR post was nothing more than an attack. That's the reality. I can't count the number of threads where you start losing an argument and immediately jump to attacking the other poster. Ask around. You do it constantly.

And I'm getting pathetic? Please.

Oh did I say "getting". Forgive me, that should have been "are".

Time for you to wake up.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Let it go man. I never insulted you. You are sensitive and just have to drag me into this crap, don't you. It's a need for you.
    I'm done. Your kind* isn't worth my time. You never had a clue what I was saying to begin with.

*your kind refers to those who lose their crap when they don't know what's going on.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast