Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

What would be the nature of the business? If they are only providing a service that is applicable to women then no.

It's a fitness club just for obese women? Prosecute or leave them alone?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

It's a fitness club just for obese women? Prosecute or leave them alone?

It really dosent bother me. Women have different physical fitness needs then men do so I have no problem with it. Last time I checked most people regardless of their sexual orientation like to eat cake.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I find it incongruous in a small way that it happened here in Oregon, one of the most PC States in the union.

However ......

As green, and as progressive as Oregon most times is socially, there is an element of mostly rural folk, who's traditions, beliefs, and behaviour model that of country folk in Eastern States like Kentucky, Tennessee, and West Virginia. Remember, the Oregon Trail ended up where? In Oregon. And guess what came with it?

Am I taking another pot-shot at Hillbillies again? I most certainly am. Oregon is full of them.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

It really dosent bother me. Women have different physical fitness needs then men do so I have no problem with it. Last time I checked most people regardless of their sexual orientation like to eat cake.

I agree with you, but why the double standard? How come it is okay to discriminate against men and skinny women, but not homosexuals?

If you make the argument that there are plenty of other places for men and skinny women to exercise, I'd agree and say that there are also plenty of other bakeries that would make a wedding cake for a gay couple. Why prosecute the bakery but not the fitness center for discrimination?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with you, but why the double standard? How come it is okay to discriminate against men and skinny women, but not homosexuals?

If you make the argument that there are plenty of other places for men and skinny women to exercise, I'd agree and say that there are also plenty of other bakeries that would make a wedding cake for a gay couple. Why prosecute the bakery but not the fitness center for discrimination?

It is not discrimination. Women have different needs than men hence the need for different health clubs. Tell me about the special needs that hetrosexuals have in regards to eating cake as compared to homosexuals.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

It is not discrimination. Women have different needs than men hence the need for different health clubs. Tell me about the special needs that hetrosexuals have in regards to eating cake as compared to homosexuals.

What different exercise needs does an obese woman have versus a skinny woman? What different exercise needs does an obese woman have versus an obese man?

SCF Rewards
    Country

What different exercise needs does an obese woman have versus a skinny woman? What different exercise needs does an obese woman have versus an obese man?

They both need to exercise but we all know about the difference in the size and strenght between a man and a woman. Some women may prefer to work out in a gym specifically designed for their needs. It seems like you are ok with gays being discriminated against but dont want women to go have a workout plan designed for their needs. I say fine. I'm going to open up a vegetarian shop and say that all are welcome except for christians since they are anti vegetarian anyway. The only eception would be Seven Day Adventists. Oh wait a minute you conservatives don't consider them real christians anyway. My bad.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

christians are anti vegetarian? and of course you had to get in an anti conservative remark. sometimes I wonder where you come up with the junk you spout off, and yes, this is junk.

and you think it is ok to discriminate against religion but not sexual preferences?

SCF Rewards
    Country

christians are anti vegetarian? and of course you had to get in an anti conservative remark. sometimes I wonder where you come up with the junk you spout off, and yes, this is junk.

and you think it is ok to discriminate against religion but not sexual preferences?

I actually had a christian tell me that it is a sin NOT to eat meat. I also had another christian tell me that SDA's are not real christians. And no I do think that someone should be discriminated against based on their religion nor their sexual preference. I was pointing out the the other guy who seems to be ok with discrimination based on sexual preference why not also discriminate against christians too.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

They both need to exercise but we all know about the difference in the size and strenght between a man and a woman. Some women may prefer to work out in a gym specifically designed for their needs.

It seems like a pretty weak argument in support of discrimination. After all, some people may want to support a business that agrees with their moral beliefs. What's the difference?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast