Thread: Retail or Hobby packs/boxes?

Retail or Hobby packs/boxes?

Do you guys usually buy retail or hobby boes/packs? I personally buy hobby boxes and packs. They are more expensive, but they have much better odds of pulling inserts and gu's, and often have a wider variety of gu's. I have bought some retail boxes before, but never got any quality cards, so since then I've always bought hobby boxes. What do you guys prefer?

I get all my cards from a little hobby store downtown. Run by a real nice guy too

Without a doubt, hobby boxes. I have been tempted to buy retail, but whenever I do, I am always disappointed. On a related note, I was surprised to see Dave and Adam's Card World selling retail boxes at a card show in NY this past weekend. I thought they would only carry hobby product, but they had a lot of retail blaster boxes out for sale...

Never heard of that place, are they in CT? (Dave and Adams Card World)

After buying tons of retail packs in the past at Target and never pulling anything, then going to a card shop and pulling a game used card in my first pack, I will never buy retail again. You are exactly right, the insertion rate for game used is much less in retail as compared to hobby in most brands. Rookies in retail packs in some brands are regular issues, where in the same brand in hobby, they are numbered and much more valuable.

Hobby all the way.

Actually, at least 85% of my best pulls throguh the years have come from retail...I mix it up depending on whether or not I can get the product retail or hobby...
    Hidden Content , Working on Hidden Content For Charity

Hidden Content - 120/140 (85.7%), Hidden Content - 107/271 (39.5%)

***LOOKING TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS? PM ME FOR ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES. WE HAVE RATES AS LITTLE AS LESS THAN $1 A DAY!***

Originally posted by EMP
    Never heard of that place, are they in CT? (Dave and Adams Card World)
    Nope, they're located in New York.

Tim

EMP, they just happened to have a booth at the show I went to, they usually sell at most of the big tri-state area shows...