Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country

Chicago is the team to beat this season. They're just really that good. This is coming from a Wings fan.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

What does me being a Flyers fan have to do with the price of rice in China...or anything else?! If anything it adds to my argument with all the streaks and strong starts they've had throughout the teams history... Sure its my opinion the Hawks will lose in the first round of the playoffs, you can't argue that the playoffs are really when it matters MOST. Look into the leagues history and tell me how many times a Presidents Trophy winner also took home the Cup (we are assuming they continue their tear throughout the rest of the regular season of course)... I'm not discounting the fact they are red hot... nor am I trying to hate on them... As for betting, I don't do it... most of my "high end" cards of are Flyers stuff anyway ;)

Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. >:o(

Chicago is the team to beat this season. They're just really that good. This is coming from a Wings fan.

And a Canucks fan...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tristanwolf's Items on eBay

heading to the uc tomorrow to see em go 20-0-3! (if we can make it through the snow).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nhanna45's Items on eBay

GO Hawks! Remember all those times when I screamed at the tv if you only played a little bit harder you would win! Apparently they took my advice so far. You can tell they are playing hard (especially Kane). Hopefully we still have some steam around playoff time.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

Frolik- sick
    Hossa - out
    shaw, sharp leave game

we still find a way to win.......... game winning goal.......... Carcillo........

SCF Rewards
    Country

What does me being a Flyers fan have to do with the price of rice in China...or anything else?! If anything it adds to my argument with all the streaks and strong starts they've had throughout the teams history... Sure its my opinion the Hawks will lose in the first round of the playoffs, you can't argue that the playoffs are really when it matters MOST. Look into the leagues history and tell me how many times a Presidents Trophy winner also took home the Cup (we are assuming they continue their tear throughout the rest of the regular season of course)... I'm not discounting the fact they are red hot... nor am I trying to hate on them... As for betting, I don't do it... most of my "high end" cards of are Flyers stuff anyway ;)

If I remember correctly, seven of the Presidents' Trophy winners have taken the Cup, while six have been eliminated in the first round. The early exits have been more frequent in the past few seasons.

I do think having a strong season matters more in a lockout-shortended season not just for playoff seeding, but more because you don't have that second half of a long season to whip a team into shape. As an example, I have a hard time thinking the Kings would have done anything in a short season last year because it took all of 82 games for them to come together.

This start guarantees nothing, other than a playoff spot barring an incredible collapse. I don't think anyone in that organization is taking a Cup for granted, and in the back of their minds they're probably hoping the teams hits some speed bumps before the playoffs. Better to overcome adversity now, and not in May. I don't see them exiting early, and I think they're the most complete team in the league, but the playoffs sometimes produce strange results.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

I was reading somewhere else earlier today that Ray Emery is also the first goalie in NHL history to start 10-0-0. Correct me if I'm wrong but still a very impressive stat. Even more so considering what all he has been through and how he turned his career around over the past few years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123