Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tips for IP graphing?

SCF Rewards
    Country

tips for IP graphing?

Im going to be graphing the Diamondbacks and the angels in spring training and I have never done this before.

Any tips are appreciated.

Michael

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just have what you want to get signed easily accessible, know faces, and be polite!

Also if you see guys with bags and sharpies, it may not be a bad idea to make friends and follow the crowd!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Make sure you know who the players are so you don't get confused like don't yell Mr Kubel! Mr Kubel! and it not be him. Otherwise you feel like an idiot. I would put Mr in front of everyone. It sounds more polite. Be patient. Let the kids there have first priority. Bring lots of sharpies. If you are doing cards I suggest put it in a notebook with photo corners on the cards. Make friends with the other graphers too. They could help you out a lot.
    Collecting: Yordano Ventura, Salvador Perez, Mike Moustakas, and especially Eric Hosmer.

Always looking for Autographs with Bible verse inscriptions

BANNED

Country

Don't expect much hope for a lot. I never go into events with expectations anymore and I enjoy it way more now. Back when I had expectations every time I could get 20 autographs in one day, but not be happy cause I was expecting 30 or to get a certain player and if/when those didn't happen it ruined the fun.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Be courteous
    Bring a binder if taking cards and have the cards alphabetized or whatever works best for you
    Bring a clipboard so it is easier for them to sign a photo or card
    Bring a printed roster with jersey #'s if you don't know all the players
    Prep cards
    Make sure after you get an auto it is dry before putting away
    Do not store signed items in a hot car
    If using a paint pen make sure it is prepped
    Have your item ready
    Bring plenty of sharpies + different colors and plenty of blue ballpoint pens for baseballs
    Try not to look like a dealer

I'll add more when I think of them

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 01-09-2013 at 08:26 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

More specifically, I've heard the diamondbacks who don't travel for spring road games are contractually obligated to sign after their morning workouts. Since stars don't travel as much should be a good opportunity.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Be courteous
    Bring a binder if taking cards and have the cards alphabetized or whatever works best for you
    Bring a clipboard so it is easier for them to sign a photo or card
    Bring a printed roster with jersey #'s if you don't know all the players
    Prep cards
    Make sure after you get an auto it is dry before putting away
    Do not store signed items in a hot car
    If using a paint pen make sure it is prepped
    Have your item ready
    Bring plenty of sharpies + different colors and plenty of blue ballpoint pens for baseballs
    Try not to look like a dealer

I'll add more when I think of them

...Rick

What does a dealer look like?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Probably having tons of stuff to sign like bats, helmets, baseballs ( a lot of them ) etc

SCF Rewards
    Country

good luck and please share your successes when you get time. A dealer usually carries a briefcase or a nice bag and do not usually wear team affiliated items. Oh yeah, do not ask the same player to sign more than 1 item. Just pick one. Make sure you read on the park rules to see what items are allowed. Bats are not allowed at Kauffman stadium, unless a player gives one to you or you buy it in their team store. Also do not ask them to sign in a specific spot. Most dealers always ask them to sign in a specific spot like a sweet spot on a baseball. Always say please and thank you. Try to start a conversation with the ball player while he's signing your autograph like for example If you get Upton's autograph tell him how cool it was when you saw on tv that he hit his 100th homerun the same day as his brother. They can be impressed and could give you something extra.
    Last edited by r0yals2012; 01-10-2013 at 08:53 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What does a dealer look like?

Someone carrying a duffel bag full of baseballs, 15 bats and 20 mini helmets, ect along with 16 different binders full of cards and photo's. You get the idea.

...Rick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast