Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

Who has an extra $87,000 laying around?

The Crosby Cup Black Rookie 1/1 is on the bay. A mere $87,000 asking price!
    Collecting Ryan Murphy. Always looking to add PC Cards. Show me what you have to trade or sell!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not a bad price, since the card just sold last week for $17,000 and change. The seller was from Alberta (a very honest individual ) and even though he sold the card through ebay, it didn't stop him from trying to sell the card to other buyers, after the fact.

I know for a fact, that he was offered $21k for the card and even as the buyer from ebay was on a plane to Alberta to pick the Crosby up, this honest piece of garbage was still trying to sell the card to someone else. I believe his last attempt, was to try and get $23k for the card. The person that I know who was dealing on the card passed, so the dirtbag of a seller, ended up selling it to the ebay buyer after all.

I'm not sure why certain people today, try and list cards for stupid prices, other then to (a) get attention and (b) compensate for God giving them tiny but in this case, the $87,000 price, takes a back-seat to the dirt-bag of a seller. A few people have already started to spread his name out there, so hopefully people will avoid any dealings with him in the future.

Imagine spending allot of money to buy a card, purchasing a plane ticket and flying across country, only to have some dirt-ball double-deal on you?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

I heard that story earlier from a friend of mine. Amazing how quickly word travels in this hobby of ours.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

We need his eBay username so everyone can avoid this person.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Go to ebay.ca and then completed items. Type-in Crosby 1/1 and you will see who the original seller was. He lists that he is from Edmonton but sadly, he now lives in Calgary.

What I personally love about the guy, is that he's one of these guys who pretends that he can't speak or understand English. However, he seems to have the whole "$23,000 and we have a deal speech", down perfectly.

He also insisted that the other party pay him in cash, so he's got that whole "don't leave a paper-trail" and "avoid Revenue Canada" thing, down pat.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

And to be honest...the card looks like any ordinary card except there's a 1/1 stamp lol..

SCF Rewards
    Country

What's really funny and gives one pause, is when you consider that the Cup Crosby Black 1/1 sold for less then what some guy sold the Subban 1/1 for a year or so back . I guess like with most things, it's all about the timing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mwdonald's Items on eBay

If only I were still doing cup rainbows...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Let me see...(checks couch cushions, ash tray of car)...nope, think I`ll come up a bit short.