Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What are the worst hockey movies of all-time?

It’s nearly Academy Awards time, which means that it’s time to think about a genre of cinema that’s truly given us some of the seminal classics of our time. And when you’re finished thinking about sweeping historical wartime epics, why not spend another 15-18 seconds considering hockey movies, won't you?
    Yes, hockey movies, of which there are several besides “Slap Shot”. Allan Muir of Sports Illustrated listed his top five and bottom five (or so) of all-time this week. And just like revealing that Cobie Smulders is actually a ghost in “Safe Haven”*, we’ll just go ahead and spoil the list for you:
    The Best
    5. Mystery, Alaska (1999)
    4. The Rocket (2005)
    3. The Deadliest Season (1977)
    2. Goon (2011)
    1. Slap Shot (1977)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...7300--nhl.html

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

Youngblood is a classic, same with The Mighty Ducks trilogy. I would have atleast included Slapshot 2 over both of those movies.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I came in here to post The Love Guru. It was an awful movie considering who was in it. A lot of big names for a dud of a film.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I came in here to post The Love Guru. It was an awful movie considering who was in it. A lot of big names for a dud of a film.

I still yet to see it lol.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 72bigcountry's Items on eBay

The Love Guru is a movie that's so bad, it's actually kind of enjoyable to watche. Justin Timberlake's character is actually pretty funny. But yes, it's an absolutely awful movie.

The best part is Mariska Hargitay's cameo

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Haha Youngblood. So bad it's good!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See slapshotskedder's Items on eBay

I must of seen a different version of Goon, I would rate that right up there with Slapshot 2 and 3

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baseballislife1984's Items on eBay

It killed me when JT got excited that Celine Dion was singing at the concert!

If you want some really bad humour and you don't expect much, the movie is decent enough. Some funny moments!

The Love Guru is a movie that's so bad, it's actually kind of enjoyable to watche. Justin Timberlake's character is actually pretty funny. But yes, it's an absolutely awful movie.

The best part is Mariska Hargitay's cameo

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Wow...I guess no one has exactly the same taste but I hated Goon with a passion...Loved the first two Mighty Ducks, Mystery Alaska was great but to me, the best one has to be the Rocket...I guess it helps that it's about Maurice Richard and that I'm from Quebec lol...In Quebec we also have this TV show called Lance et Compte (Shoot and Score) which is about hockey. It started back in the 80s for like 4 seasons, then it was cancelled during the 90s and they brought it back around 2007 and it's still on. They also made a movie out of it in 2010 which I think is really good as well :)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (50) HI
    Country

Might Ducks #2 and Miracle are my favorites.
    That Iceland team was stacked though.

Go USA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast