Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

THE NATIONAL AFTER HOURS
    THE PARK AT ROSEMONT PROVIDES ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES FOR ATTENDEES

FASHION OUTLETS OF ROSEMONT OPENS 8/1

While most attendees to the National Sports Collectors Convention spend every hour that the show is open at the Convention Center browsing the dealer booths or waiting to have their favorite athletes sign autographs, there are some down hours after the show closes each day.

For those attendees who chose to stay near the Convention Center, the options have grown considerably since the last time we were in Rosemont. One possibility is to visit one of the many new restaurants or other activities in MB Financial Park at Rosemont. Located very conveniently directly behind the Rosemont Public Parking Garage, The Park at Rosemont has six major restaurants all with different themes. Included are:

Toby Keiths' "I Love This Bar" - a 35,000 sq ft restaurant loaded with country music memorabilia, good food and of course - country music.
    Five Roses Pub - a restaurant in the style of the traditional Irish pub with Irish music.
    Adobe Gilas - Billed as a traditional Mexican Cantina, they feature a vibrant décor and lively music.
    Park Tavern - serves a mix of multi-cultural food served in an outdoor setting along with live music.
    Hofbrauhaus - this 20,000 sq ft restaurant serves traditional German dishes with live music in their Bier Hall.
    My Big Fat Greek Restaurant - specializes in a Mediterranean cuisine with hearty servings
    After a good meal, you can burn of some calories by bowling a few frames at Kings, a 29,000 sq ft entertainment center featuring 20 bowling lanes, a billiards lounge and more. Kings also has a full service restaurant. If you're not into bowling or billiards, take a walk over to Zanies, Rosemont's own Comedy Club or to Muvico, Rosemont's 18 screen movie multiplex also located in the Park. Click here for a map of MB Financial Park at Rosemont.

OK- we've given you some places to eat (by the way, don't forget about Gibson's Steakhouse, located directly across from the Convention Center in the Doubletree Hotel), some physical activity and some laughs or a movie. How about shopping? The brand spanking new Fashion Outlets Mall adjacent to MB Financial Park opens on August 1 during the National. 120 stores ranging from Saks Fifth Avenue, Prada, Gucci and Barneys to Nike, Crocs, UnderArmour and more will be part of the outlets. Click here for a list of stores in the Fashion Outlets Mall.

Tickets and VIP Admission Packages are currently on sale for the 34th National. There are several different VIP Package options. All include admission to all 5 days of the show, a special VIP Reception on Wednesday afternoon, a gift package including promotional items not available elsewhere, free autograph tickets for exclusive VIP signers, use of a VIP Lounge for the week and more. A SuperVIP option this year provides free weeklong parking at the Rosemont Public Garage directly across from the Convention Center. For attendees looking for autograph line privileges and other autograph related perks, there are several All Access packages as well. Details on all the admission options can be found on the National web site at www.NSCCShow.com

Click here to purchase and print out your tickets now and avoid standing in ticket lines at the Convention Center. Buying in advance online also saves you money. Box Office ticket prices will be higher.

The 34th National will open to attendees on Wednesday, July 31. Show opens to the public at 4PM but all VIP attendees get started earlier with a VIP Reception beginning at 2:30. Refreshments and free autograph guests highlight the Reception. Then, beginning at 3:30 PM, VIP Badge Holders may enter the show floor. All VIP Packages provide one-half hour early admission to the show floor each day of the show. Wednesday Show Hours are 4-8PM; Thursday- Saturday, the National will be open from 10AM-6PM. Sunday Hours are 10AM-5PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Last VIP signer and others added:

3 new additions:

BILLY WILLIAMS, Former Cub and Hall of Famer, SUNDAY

PATRICK VALENZUELA, Former Jockey who rode Sunday Silence, THURSDAY

JIM MORRISSEY, Former 85 SB Champion Bear, THURSDAY

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    Happy B-Day to me!!!!! I turn 38 today not only that announcement just 50 days til the show looking forward to having others to meet&greet still. Say Doniceage ya still going to S.Carolina or those plans fall through cause ya know ya welcomed as well anyone else to party in Arlington Heights just let us know we will try to do something festive. Well I'm off to check on my lists.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    Happy B-Day to me!!!!! I turn 38 today not only that announcement just 50 days til the show looking forward to having others to meet&greet still. Say Doniceage ya still going to S.Carolina or those plans fall through cause ya know ya welcomed as well anyone else to party in Arlington Heights just let us know we will try to do something festive. Well I'm off to check on my lists.

Definitely know I am not going to S.C.as I am the rest of the extended family oil not get the time off. So called a few people and have a hotel room confirmed and a buddy to hang out with for a day or two if I make the trip. So just taking a wait and see attitude as not ure what might happen on the house front.

Happy belated BDAY!

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    Thanks Doniceage but sadly our group went from 5 to 4 for more details check out the Wax Pack thread. We will continue to Party no matter what.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

PRESS PASS ANNOUNCES 34TH NATIONAL PROMOTIONS
    VIPS TO RECEIVE "FAN FOLLOWING" NATIONAL EXCLUSIVE VERSION

REDEMPTION PROGRAM TO OFFER "MYSTERY PACKS" WITH AUTOGRAPH CARDS

Press Pass, the leading manufacturer of NASCAR trading cards, has announced its promotions for the 34th National Sports Collectors Convention scheduled for July 31-August 4 at the Donald E Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont IL.

VIP's will receive a special 34th National Set, according to Press Pass spokesman Tom Farrell. "We’ve taken 5 top NASCAR drivers and created a 2013 National Exclusive version of our Fan Following insert printed on upscale foil board. '2013 NATIONAL' will print in each driver’s team color or black. The Driver roster is Rookie-of-the-Year candidate Danica Patrick, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, and Jimmie Johnson".

Press Pass is also planning a great wrapper redemption program for attendees at the National. Customers will receive one blind-wrapped "Mystery Pack" for each hobby box of 2013 Press Pass NASCAR product purchased on the show floor from a dealer carrying 2013 Press Pass products (eligible products include 2013 Press Pass Racing, 2013 Total Memorabilia, 2013 Ignite Racing, 2013 Redline Racing, and 2013 Fanfare Racing). The promotion has been improved in a big way vs. 2012: Every "Mystery Pack" will contain an exclusive Press Pass Fanfare autograph card created just for The National! The roster will consist of approximately 50 drivers including all of the biggest names like Danica Patrick, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and Tony Stewart. All autograph cards will be #’d to 10 or less! Each "Mystery Pack" will also include a limited edition Exclusive Fanfare base set parallel card numbered

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots New York Yankees Houston Rockets
    See accordionjacob's Items on eBay

Sadly Don that you ain't making it this year bud

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sadly Don that you ain't making it this year bud

I probably will be attending. Just ironing out details to get prepared for the Nationals.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If anyone can get extras of the Allen and Ginter give aways I would apprieciate it if we then could make a trade, cant go this year or the last few been stationed here in Germany. Really miss going to the show. Hope all enjoy!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Bottom9th's Items on eBay

I probably will be attending. Just ironing out details to get prepared for the Nationals.

Don

Glad to hear we'll see you there Don!

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast