Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mailday...thanks vladdaddy !!!

2. The Card Swap

Seeing as you are from Hattiesburg, you SHOULD have a Favre autograph in your collection. Congrats man...very nice card.

Craigerman...hoss we dont even have a stinking card shop here.....so me finding a Favre auto is not easily done .

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by cardnyou
    Craigerman...hoss we dont even have a stinking card shop here.....so me finding a Favre auto is not easily done .

Jamie
    Finding a Favre auto available ON THIS SITE isn't very easily done. Anytime one comes available, everyone and their mother wants it.

It's kind of ironic, actually. Some traders here knock Favre as being an over-rated prima-donna, and that they hate him. But as soon as someone offers a Favre autograph for trade, they are the first ones in line slobbering all over it.

The fact is, like him or not, Brett Favre has consistently been the hottest collected NFL player for the past decade. Sure, people are slobbering all over Ben Roethlisberger and Larry Johnson right now, but truth be told, most would give up their finest Big Ben and Larry autographs for a nice Favre autograph. No matter which team you cheer for, a Favre autograph is a holy grail in this hobby.

As a life-long Packer fan who grew up 45 minutes north of Green Bay, and remembers with outrage the day that Ron Wolf traded the Packers' valuable 1st round draft pick for a little-known 3rd string QB from the Falcons, it makes me smile. Every time someone tries telling me that Favre is past his prime, or was never really any good to start with, I tell them to go try to find an affordable autograph. It doesn't happen.

Sorry for the rant...congrats again on the card. It's very very sweet.

Man i couldnt agree with you more....had a guy the other night tell me Favre sucked and all this...i told him what i traded for and he said...and i quote..." Look at my siteand find what you want".... i didnt even look i just told him i wasnt interested in trading it lol.And like you i remember when there was fuss about the Packers getting him,even way down here we heard it,but...of course....as he played and showed what he was capable of doing...oh man, they been Favre fans since he went to Southern Miss lol.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by cardnyou
    Man i couldnt agree with you more....had a guy the other night tell me Favre sucked and all this...i told him what i traded for and he said...and i quote..." Look at my siteand find what you want".... i didnt even look i just told him i wasnt interested in trading it lol.
    Ain't that the truth, lol!

Basically the only reason I have my high-end trade page is to get a nice Favre auto. Sooner or later I'm going to get one, too. I'll hopefully get to someone getting rid of one here before the "money traders" with piles of high-end cards get to them. Hopefully...

very nice, btw is that sheff-jones available?

craigerman....man if i can get one....especially like this ?...i know you can get one with what you have

kev....that is gone...i need to update

Jamie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast