Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

On the cool an atheist has as much evidence that God does not exist as a christian/muslim/jew/etc has that he does. You have to go with your heart and hope and or pray when you life is over you made the right choice.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

What is some evidence that God can't exist? Every time I've heard "this proves God isn't real" it hold as much water as a spot of light on film being called an angel.

Perhaps I should re-phrase that. Not that He can't exist, rather He cannot exist in the manner that so many people believe He does. The anecdotal evidence spoke of in Helmutt's post #15 for example. For every one Helmutt, there are a 1,000 others just like him that were and are being ignored by this God.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

On the cool an atheist has as much evidence that God does not exist as a christian/muslim/jew/etc has that he does. You have to go with your heart and hope and or pray when you life is over you made the right choice.

Same can be said for a unicorn or a leprechaun. What does that tell you?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Perhaps I should re-phrase that. Not that He can't exist, rather He cannot exist in the manner that so many people believe He does. The anecdotal evidence spoke of in Helmutt's post #15 for example. For every one Helmutt, there are a 1,000 others just like him that were and are being ignored by this God.

Ahh, Ok. Yeah, I'm in full agreement with that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Same can be said for a unicorn or a leprechaun. What does that tell you?

True but neither unicorns or leprechauns have a heaven or hell to put us in.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 03-04-2013 at 12:15 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have zero proof that God doesn't exist. My guess is that there will never be any proof for either side.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey, I'm not sure how to take this comment. Was it meant to trivialize my Christian experience? Because I didn't say anything negative or condescending about atheists at all. You may feel that I'm being ignored by God, but I can tell you proof positive that I have tangible reasons for why I believe. If you feel like there are thousands of people who are ignored by God, what percentage are ignoring God themselves?

Can you prove to me that your mother loves you? (wife, kids etc)
    Can you prove to me that when you cry you're truly sad?
    Certain things in life are immeasurable. The love I feel for my friends and family, the pain I feel at times of loss are more 'real' than a lot of things in this materialistic world.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There are SO many things that we all have "faith" in and "believe" in during out lifetime. This might be a stupid example, but might get you to think...

Have you ever had a DNA test that your dad or mom is really your dad or mom? Most probably haven't but just believe them to be your parents because of what they say and do.

It comes down to Faith... even if you are NOT a Believer. You say there is not proof that God exists and you say that there is proof that things existed before you were born. Well, how do you know? Science? Well you are putting FAITH in what scientists are quoting and researching are true. Have you seen the evidence first hand? Have you met the scientist's first hand? You are trusting them to be giving you evidence that is true and having faith that what they say is right.

Believer's of God are the same way. They have Faith and trust that the bible or other sources are giving them proof that God exists.

That's why on these forums- there is so much hatred and stabbing at people's beliefs and religion, or lack there of. WHY? We all believe that our sources and what we believe is right? That is fine with me, but to go after people and what they believe starts to get real old and the more attacking there is- it seems like the more afraid you are, and the more you have to convince yourself you are right.... why else would you be so set in attacking?

Why is there so much anemosity towards what others believe? Proof or no Proof, I have pointed this out before... our whole lives and most of our decisions we make come down to faith whether we realize it or not?

I have faith that my girlfriend won't cheat on me? Do I have proof? No! Do I question things... maybe! Do I go after her and grill her about why this or why that or give me proof, etc? NO! I have faith... God exists because I have faith. If you don't have that same faith that he exists... that's fine... but just saying proof is ONLY valid if you have faith in it. We all can see things differently, even proof, on what it means.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Hey, I'm not sure how to take this comment. Was it meant to trivialize my Christian experience? Because I didn't say anything negative or condescending about atheists at all. You may feel that I'm being ignored by God, but I can tell you proof positive that I have tangible reasons for why I believe. If you feel like there are thousands of people who are ignored by God, what percentage are ignoring God themselves?

Can you prove to me that your mother loves you? (wife, kids etc)
    Can you prove to me that when you cry you're truly sad?
    Certain things in life are immeasurable. The love I feel for my friends and family, the pain I feel at times of loss are more 'real' than a lot of things in this materialistic world.

Yes, it was meant to trivialise every "christian experience" by pointing out the fact that your experience is only as "real" as your mind perceives it. And for every "tangible" reason you have, there are many who have the same level of "tangible" reasons to feel proof positive that God doesn't exist. And I'm not referring to the people that ignore God (afterall, they reap what they sow, right?) I was just speaking of the 1,000 of cases where believers get nothing more than a kick in the stomach, as their "christian experience" in a time of need.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Yes, it was meant to trivialise every "christian experience" by pointing out the fact that your experience is only as "real" as your mind perceives it. And for every "tangible" reason you have, there are many who have the same level of "tangible" reasons to feel proof positive that God doesn't exist. And I'm not referring to the people that ignore God (afterall, they reap what they sow, right?) I was just speaking of the 1,000 of cases where believers get nothing more than a kick in the stomach, as their "christian experience" in a time of need.

I agree. Religious experiences are just that, religious, and religion has very little to do with God.
    Religion is man's way of explaining what he can't (as much as science which explains what he can and seeks to move more into that category.
    God no more touched those who "receive" help than he did kick those others in the gut. Does that mean he isn't here and doesn't exist? I don't think so.

Everyone says, "If I was God, I wouldn't allow suffering!" but if you were God you'd think differently than you do now by default, if it even is what can be considered thought. I don't know if there's a God or what he is, but I do know one thing.
    There is no way in heaven he thinks or acts like man.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast