Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

SCF's 10th Birthday Contest #3 - SCF is #1 Because...

On March 3, 2003, the world changed forever – Sports Card Forum was born and today we want to celebrate 10 years of being the very best hobby site on the ‘Net! We also want to say THANK YOU to our valued members who have helped pave the way to make SCF the #1 destination for collectors. The Hockey boards are some of the most engaging and active sections of the site, and so we want to offer our collectors a number of contests where they can win some fantastic card prizes!

As part of SCF’s 10th Birthday, we want to know why you think that SCF is the premier destination for online hockey card trading. Tell us what separates SCF from other sites, how it is that you came to believe that this is your online home for card trading. All you have to do is say a few nice words about SCF and you can score the following card:

2012-13 ITG Forever Rivals Autographs ABE Brian Engblom

Members will have 50-100 words to make their case to prove that SCF is the best online trading card community. All entries will be judged by Collector’s Corner editor Pheebs888 and contributing writer RGM81.

The standard rules and guidelines...

Entries must be between 50-100 words. Any less or any more and your entry will not qualify.

Deadline for entry is 12am PST on March 4th – you must get your submission in on March 3rd to celebrate!

One entry per member. Multiple entries will be disqualified.

All SCF members except RGM81 and Pheebs888 will be eligible to participate.

Members must be in good standing to be eligible to win the SCF 10th Birthday Extravaganza Contests, meaning:
    - No serious infractions during the past 30 days: a serious infraction is any infraction worth over 3 points – any serious infractions will result in disqualification from the contest.
    - No suspensions: if you have been suspended from SCF for rule violations during the past 30 days, you are disqualified from participating.
    - No negative feedback for the past 30 days prior to the beginning of the contest - any negative feedback received will be investigated by the SCF Dispute Team.

Thank you for participating in the SCF 10th Birthday Extravaganza!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

It's the best community of card collectors in the world. Great people and traders from all walks of life and nobody bugs me about being a leafs fan lol. I've made many great friends here in 18 months and hope to make more as time goes on. Hockey card people are the best people of all. Go SCF

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

SCF through the knowledge and generosity of its staff and members reminds us that we're all in this hobby together, that life isn't all about the everyday drudgery, that we can escape into the world of Jean Beliveau and Bobby Orr or Ryan Smyth and Manny Malhotra or RNH and Brendan Gallagher. That we all may be unique with different PCs, but deep down we're all the same 11 year old kid ripping open a pack of cards :)

BANNED

Country

A memeber since 2008, Started collecting back in 1989, Internet, what was that back then? For me anyways, but I stopped going to my LCS when my son was born in the year of 2000, from there in 2007, I found my Hockey collection in the attic, I went online and typed Hockey cards, and found Sports Card Forum!

So in Awe, I joined up, wow, where was this when I was collecting, I was lucky if I landed a Red Wings hit in packs at the store, Trading? Lol! best trading I can do was the Card Shows once a month here in Michigan!

From that day I joined, I have the best Red Wings PC that any Wings fan could ever have, thanks to SCF and its great members here!

Thanks SCF! Happy 10th Birthday!
    Last edited by redwing40; 03-03-2013 at 04:23 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've only been collecting for a matter of months and SCF and it's members have taught me so much that some local collectors in my community think i've been doing it for years. I can't express enough how AWESOME SCF has been to me. It's staff and members have been here for me since day one. I've used just about every avenue of informational sources on SCF and not one has failed me to this day. I've never given any thought to checking out any other sports card forum and never will. THANK YOU SCF FOR ALL YOU DO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

​~Bill~

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Simply put, SCF is #1 for one reason, the mods. The community here is amazing, but that's no accident. These guys not only put their own time and energy into making this a great place to trade, they are probably the most levelheaded group of moderators on any trading site anywhere. The community is great because of the vigilance, effort and ability of the mods and they deserve full credit for SCF being the #1 trading site out there!

YouTube Video Editor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GHCHambone's Items on eBay

The community is the number one reason that makes SCF a great place. It is a great place to trade, buy and sell, but my favorite forums are the box breaks and the show and tell. I may not ever be able to bust a case of The Cup or acquire some truly high end cards, but I love living vicariously through those who share their collecting experiences. I enjoy so much seeing the cards people add to their personal collections, and get to share in the excitement when they land that whale! Keep on sharing everyone!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thank you to everybody who entered! Karine and I will now sequester ourselves - look for the white smoke!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you to all of our entrants - congratulations to GHCHambone! You are the winner of this contest - check your PM box to find out how to claim your prize!

Once again, thanks to all for letting us know why SCF is #1!!!