Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Last edited by 13stepper; 03-07-2013 at 06:42 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

It's very clear, but still, sugar gets you farther than water. I'd rescan it, and made try calling them. I think most people have better success over the phone

SCF Rewards
    Country

I need to apologize to everyone and Upper Deck. I should've waited to return home to inspect this card in person rather then going off the scan. I removed the card from the top loader, the 'dent' was the penny sleeve crinkling, the corners I was able to smooth out. So I do have a very nice near mint card. Again I'm sorry everyone and I'm sorry Upper Deck (however you most likely don't read these anyways).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah they didn't care o send it that way and can't wait to see what they say is replacement I would keep it myself or if u want to sell it lmk

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was actually going to ask if the card was on-card auto or stickers. On-card auto's gotta go from upper deck, to athlete A, then athlete B, (and maybe c, d, whatever) then back to upperdeck. Then it gets sent out via fedex and transit. After all that, and the fact that I doubt the athletes handling these things are treating them like we would, I'd expect some level of damage on these types of cards. I know it sounds like I am making excuses for card companies but I am just trying to be realistic. We can't scream we want on-card auto's and flawless cards at the same time because reality is if you ship a card 5 different times between largely disintrested parties who for all you know signed em while watching a marathon of walking dead on a tv tray... yeah.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

And the fight begins, here is the response from Upper Deck:
    I’m very sorry for your disappointment with this card. Due to the cards being signed on-card by both athletes, and the distance that they must travel in order to do so, we cannot guarantee that corners will be perfect on all cards. We do guarantee that they will not be severely damaged, but we cannot replace near mint cards for gem mint. The corners on this card do not look to have severe damage. In regards to the dent, we are unable to see this in the image that you sent – is there another picture that better depicts this issue? Again, apologies that you were unhappy with your redemption card

Everyone, please look at the picture and tell me if you can see the dent on the bottom right edge.

Very glad to read that it worked out for you in the end. It's a sweet card!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Glad your card is fine. Hopefully, this is a Lesson not to rush to judgement. I mean you apologized and that cool but in the end you smeared their name, threatened to quit the hobby, and had other vent against upper deck. When in reality this should have been a celebration thread on getting a great card perfectly. One of those instances where UD does something right and does not great a break.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for pointing out the obvious Don, I wasn't aware of my mistake.

Glad your card is fine. Hopefully, this is a Lesson not to rush to judgement. I mean you apologized and that cool but in the end you smeared their name, threatened to quit the hobby, and had other vent against upper deck. When in reality this should have been a celebration thread on getting a great card perfectly. One of those instances where UD does something right and does not great a break.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

I have to agree with Don and I think his points are imporant to note because ultimately many read the unfair critisism toward Upper Deckwhen it wasn't justified. This also explains exactly why card companies may request better scans before jumping the gun to replacing cards. Anyway lesson learned and in the end you got an awesome card from Upper Deck

Congrats again on the pull!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do not disagree with Don either, I jumped the gun and committed everything Don accused me of. Wouldn't it be easier if the mods removed this thread?

I have to agree with Don and I think his points are imporant to note because ultimately many read the unfair critisism toward Upper Deckwhen it wasn't justified. This also explains exactly why card companies may request better scans before jumping the gun to replacing cards. Anyway lesson learned and in the end you got an awesome card from Upper Deck

Congrats again on the pull!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12