Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Country

Bruins adding a player from Sweden ?

I'm hearing they're after this player to come over to the NHL. Soderberg, the best goal scorer in the Swedish Elite leaque.
    Anyone have any info on this guy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

27 yr old, 6'3" 225 lb center, top 6 forward who can also play the wing. 31 goals and 60 pts in 54 games. Sounds very promising!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sortguld's Items on eBay

He plays here where i live.
    He also played in allsvenskan some years before joining Linkoping.
    Almost the same scenario as Fasthand that seemed to turn out well,so lets hope soderberg makes an impact to.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Most B's fans are not too impressed. he'll probably end up playing more in providence. Hope he turns out better than we believe.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Many NHL fans are skeptic when it comes to adding European players (aged 25 years plus), but I think Söderberg will do just great. His numbers in the Elitserien have been amazing and he's a dominating presence. I think he'll be a solid 3rd liner for the B's.

-Ethan

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Many NHL fans are skeptic when it comes to adding European players (aged 25 years plus), but I think Söderberg will do just great. His numbers in the Elitserien have been amazing and he's a dominating presence. I think he'll be a solid 3rd liner for the B's.

-Ethan

One word - Datsyuk

SCF Rewards
    Country

Datsyuk had just recently turned 23 when he started for the Wings... Also, the Wings drafted him years before he came over. This other guy would be a free agent though. I would cringe at the thought of my team signing a 27 year old Fabian Brunnstrom. (Funny enough, the Wings did sign a 26 year old Brunnstrom)
    Last edited by cygnusx1; 03-12-2013 at 01:02 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

sign this guy or go for a big trade lets see what they will do

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't mind if I do! Haha. Still (as cygnusx1 also pointed out) Datsyuk was in the Red Wings system well before his actual debut and before he caught fire in the NHL. I'm not saying that no teams in the NHL are willing to take a "risk" and add a "middle aged" European to their roster, but I think I'm speaking for the vast majority when I say that the chances are slim if you're over 25 and haven't played in the NHL before, especially as a European having spent his entire career in Sweden.

With scouting covering pretty much the entire world, there's almost no chance of someone falling through the cracks. It has happened with guys like Viktor Fasth, simply because he kept working on his game (while he worked in a kindergarten as his full-time job before making it with the Ducks). These are stories of inspiration and wonder rather than something that happens quite often.

-Ethan