Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Gays will one day (inevitably) have every single right the rest of us have.

It might come faster than we hope.

With the SCOTUS hearing two gay marriage cases this year, Gay marriage may become a FEDERAL law in the near future.

I for one, can't wait to see the faces of the homophobes when that happens.

I will sure as heck celebrate that day as one of the best days for equality this country has seen since the mid-1960s

SCF Rewards
    Country

Regardless of my opinion on homosexuality, gays are neither a race or a religion. Trying to equate them with racism that denied blacks the right to be free, vote and have jobs or with religious persecution that has resulted in people being killed by the tens of thousands is hardly a remotely close comparison.

It IS a valid comparison.

BTW, LOL that you throw religion as a valid protected group but your implication is that gays should not be one.

It's funny how you talk about religious persecution (which in America is mostly towards any non-Christian religion) but you don't talk about the horrible gay persecution by......RELIGION!

Funny how that is, huh?

Have you forgotten that gays are killed in this country solely based on their sexual orientation?

Or that many gay kids commit suicide as a result of constant bullying by others solely based on their sexual orientation?

You might want to remember these things in the future.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Or that many gay kids commit suicide as a result of constant bullying by others solely based on their sexual orientation?

Have you forgotten that kids commit suicide after being bullied for damn near anything?

Oh, right, you don't care about those kids.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Have you forgotten that kids commit suicide after being bullied for damn near anything?

Oh, right, you don't care about those kids.

Kids are bullied for being overweight, color of their skin, how they dress, how they look, how they act etc. Like you said, anything that could be mention, kids are bullied for, people are just cruel to others. To bully anyone for any reason is wrong, but as you kind of implied (I think you did atleast), pushing an agenda on bullying turning to suicide is just wrong here. Nobody should act like gays just have it worse than anyone else, because they don't.

As for the subject at hand, it's wrong technically to deny service because somebody is gay, but why don't those people just go somewhere else then? If that business is ignorant enough to deny service, let them, it's not the end of the world. People are denied service for other reasons as well, but I suppose we'll ignore that because it doesn't fit the agenda?
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Kids are bullied for being overweight, color of their skin, how they dress, how they look, how they act etc. Like you said, anything that could be mention, kids are bullied for, people are just cruel to others. To bully anyone for any reason is wrong, but as you kind of implied (I think you did atleast), pushing an agenda on bullying turning to suicide is just wrong here. Nobody should act like gays just have it worse than anyone else, because they don't.

It really bugs me when people use bullying to push gay rights. I'm all for gay rights, but don't pretend yours is the only reason kids get bullied. Don't pretend yours are the only ones who commit suicide because of it.

Basically, I notice that the gays have tried to make the issue of bullying theirs and solely theirs. That is just wrong and will NEVER be right.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

It really bugs me when people use bullying to push gay rights. I'm all for gay rights, but don't pretend yours is the only reason kids get bullied. Don't pretend yours are the only ones who commit suicide because of it.

Basically, I notice that the gays have tried to make the issue of bullying theirs and solely theirs. That is just wrong and will NEVER be right.

I agree, I also think gays should have the same rights as everyone else, but pushing a false agenda really annoys me. Do I understand their life style? Not really. Do I have a problem with it? No, as long as they aren't trying to push it onto me, but, for example, the WWE makes a gay joke on air and all the sudden pro-gays are throwing fits about it and trying to make a bigger deal than what it is. That's the sort of thing that bothers me (besides, like you said, acting like their ground is the only that suffers from things like bullying).

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I agree, I also think gays should have the same rights as everyone else, but pushing a false agenda really annoys me. Do I understand their life style? Not really. Do I have a problem with it? No, as long as they aren't trying to push it onto me, but, for example, the WWE makes a gay joke on air and all the sudden pro-gays are throwing fits about it and trying to make a bigger deal than what it is. That's the sort of thing that bothers me (besides, like you said, acting like their ground is the only that suffers from things like bullying).

Yeah, they get up in arms about that, but have no problem throwing words like hate-monger and homophobe at every straight person they see.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

If that business is ignorant enough to deny service, let them, it's not the end of the world. People are denied service for other reasons as well, but I suppose we'll ignore that because it doesn't fit the agenda?

Like who? Denied what?
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

Like who? Denied what?

Denied goods and services that all people should have the right to purchase.

People of a different skin color, gender (yes, both of those things still do happen) are a few examples.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

any specifics?

Denied goods and services that all people should have the right to purchase.

People of a different skin color, gender (yes, both of those things still do happen) are a few examples.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast