Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Anyone Receive This Fake Email From PayPal?

I just received an email from that is supposedly from PayPal but seems 100% fake to me. Has anyone else received this message? Should I contact PayPal about this?

Title: Security Purposes
    To: undisclosed-recipients

Dear PayPal client,

You have received this email because you or someone used your account from different locations. For security purposes, we are required to open an investigation into this matter.

In order to safeguard your account, we require you to confirm account ownership.
    To help speeed up this process, please access the following link so we can complete the verification of your PayPal Account registration information.

http://www.paypal.com/us/services/security

If we do not receive the appropriate account verification within 24-48 hours, then we will assume this PayPal account is fraudulent and will be suspended.

The purpose of this verification is to ensure that your account has not been fraudulently used and to combat the fraud from our community.
    We appreciate your support and understanding and thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Copyright 2013 PayPal

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This is all you need to look at to know if it is legit. Paypal and eBay do not send emails from a Hotmail account. They will be coming from an address that is @paypal.com or @ebay.com. And PayPal and eBay will never ask you for your password, send you links requiring you to click them to verify your account, etc.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

A couple of years ago I got one of those Nigerian bank scam emails. I replied back and told the guy to drop dead and go to hell.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

So my best bet is just to mark it as spam and move on?
    Last edited by Greengoblin782; 03-12-2013 at 03:09 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So my best bet is just to mark it as spam and move on?

Absolutely. DO NOT download anything or go to any link that they provide and enter your PayPal info.