Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

At least one Republican FINALLY gets it!

It only took his son to be gay for him to grow a compassion gene in regards to gays and their rights.

Funny how that happens, huh...

gets what? our economy is in the dumps, jobs are hard to get, more people on welfare than ever, people more divided than ever, government spending is out of control, we have more debt than we can handle, and we are fighting over homosexual's marriage rights?

maybe we need some priorities?

There has never been a period in the U.S where everything was great or even close.

This one is no different.

Saying that the economy is bad and we have problems isn't an excuse to turn a blind eye to social problems.....especially one where a group of Americans are being treated unfairly.

The economy is difficult to manage.....so is unemployment, and finance in general.

This shouldn't be any where as difficult as those things.

And guess what.....the majority do not control the minority.

We are NOT a pure democracy.

We are a constitutional democracy and minorities have protections.

And as such I think this is an issue worth fighting until the bitter end......it is inevitable that one day gays will be able to marry in all 50 states and have the exact EQUAL rights as every other married couple.

The Economy and government will ALWAYS have problems.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

gets what? our economy is in the dumps, jobs are hard to get, more people on welfare than ever, people more divided than ever, government spending is out of control, we have more debt than we can handle, and we are fighting over homosexual's marriage rights?

You are right

maybe HUMAN RIGHTS is the priority....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I like that he changed his stance. Even if it's because it now effects a loved one. It's too bad that people can't understand that before they are personally effected, but having personal experience has a huge effect on people. It's progress.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I know right? It's absurd that some have to waste time and effort fighting to not give marriage rights to homosexuals. It's very archaic in my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I am glad homosexual marriage is more important to you guys than starving children, abuse victims, crime rate, and the poor.

the effort spent on making this legal could be used on people who are truly discriminated against.
    women and pay equality, blacks and pay equality, abuse victims, and the poor (which are way more important human rights than marriage, straight or gay))are much higher on my list.
    but to each their own

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Jay i like how you try to put words in the mouths of others...

First the republicans made this a fringe issue.
    Second even your religion-church has denounced homosexuality and gay marriage. Although you find no issue with it, the other mind sets needs to be changed. This is one of many human rights issues. You can thank the Republican party for bringing this to the forefront. It disgusts me that even today, any group still needs to fight for equality. However, the topic of this thread is gay marriage.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I am glad homosexual marriage is more important to you guys than starving children, abuse victims, crime rate, and the poor.

the effort spent on making this legal could be used on people who are truly discriminated against.
    women and pay equality, blacks and pay equality, abuse victims, and the poor (which are way more important human rights than marriage, straight or gay))are much higher on my list.
    but to each their own

Jay, I've always admires your ability to only ever talk about the one thing you care about most.
    That's what you do, right? Otherwise this little criticism of yours is pretty hypocritical.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

my religion has denounced gay marriage?????

that is strange since Jesus taught equality and never mentioned homosexuals

gender and race equality should be at the top of everyones list, they have been unfairly discriminated against since before we were even a country, even Jefferson's wife asked him to not forget women and blacks when he drafted the Declaration.

but we will look the other way and spend our time on marriage rights (which is not even really a right) than the obvious discrimination against millions of women and non whites, there are way more of them than gays.

perhaps these issues should be fixed before we move on to the rights of marriage and drug use.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Yeah Jay. Let's put all the injustices in the world on a list in order of their importance and work at eliminating them one at a time. We all know society can't deal with more than one thing at a time.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

my religion has denounced gay marriage?????

that is strange since Jesus taught equality and never mentioned homosexuals

gender and race equality should be at the top of everyones list, they have been unfairly discriminated against since before we were even a country, even Jefferson's wife asked him to not forget women and blacks when he drafted the Declaration.

but we will look the other way and spend our time on marriage rights (which is not even really a right) than the obvious discrimination against millions of women and non whites, there are way more of them than gays.

perhaps these issues should be fixed before we move on to the rights of marriage and drug use.

Something tells me that, for anyone who says this, there will always be something more important than equal rights for all.

You do realize you just argued equal rights for some, right?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast