Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

so you are telling me that every Crip, Blood, Ganster Disciple, Arayn Nation Brother, MS-13, depressed suicidal teenager, drug addicted bank robber etc have sat and taken the test to get the guns that they use to commit their crimes? I could go buy a gun in 200 different places RIGHT NOW without taking ANY kind of test. You are sadly deceived if you think that this "regulation" is anything other than a big joke

the weak-a***d "system" we have here in America - the one that NRA people think is "adequate"- is where the failure is.

We just have to face up to the facts that the whole gun thing is a failed mess in our country. The rest of the world is laughing while we kill ourselves off because of fear, ignorance, worship of some outdated law/piece of paper, and greed and selfishness. As long as the NRA is around and has the monetary power they do, we are still going to be the butt of the worlds jokes, and then we become JUST LIKE the people that the NRA and Right wing nuts fear...

Aside from the fact that you have gone totally off point, the people that you mention are not restricted by gun laws and do not buy their guns legally, so no amount of gun laws, restrictions or prohibitions will prevent them from being who and what they are. And if you think the Constitution is an outdated piece of paper then you and I have nothing more to discuss.

Regardless of your opinion about guns, your repeated use of offensive language is in violation of site rules. If you can not discuss the matter without cursing then I suggest you not discuss it at all.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

Yeah, but you're comparing Compton and East LA with wherever this kid lives. I'm guessing the demographics there are much different from inner city Detroit.

no, they actually probably are much the same, and I really was not comparing the particular kid in the picture to anything in my comments to Duane. I was trying to call out the misconception that most righties/NRA types have that everyone follows the laws of the country and does what they are supposed to.

..and it is funny that Compton is actually starting to shed the "gangsta" image it once had from what I have read. And my girlfriend is from Detroit, and she states that most parts of inner city Detroit are 10x more scary than you would want to know....

..and it is sad that the whole gang "demographic" is now relevant to pretty much any area of the US where more than 10 people live together. The gang thing is no longer just a big city problem, and is , in fact, much worse in impoverished rural areas sometimes than in urban centers anymore
    Last edited by xpucksx; 03-27-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Aside from the fact that you have gone totally off point, the people that you mention are not restricted by gun laws and do not buy their guns legally, so no amount of gun laws, restrictions or prohibitions will prevent them from being who and what they are. And if you think the Constitution is an outdated piece of paper then you and I have nothing more to discuss.

Regardless of your opinion about guns, your repeated use of offensive language is in violation of site rules. If you can not discuss the matter without cursing then I suggest you not discuss it at all.

Oh...um...

Seriously though, it is outdated. This very amendment claims a militia is necessary to the security of a free state. That's true, unless that state now has an army.

You do, militias aren't necessary to protect the security of the state (not your security from the state) and the second amendment is, in reality, totally outdated and should have been stricken as soon as you had a standing army.

If you have a problem with any of that, or think I'm trying to get your guns taken away, I'll refer you to the novela I wrote yesterday:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...-dropped/page9

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

no, they actually probably are much the same, and I really was not comparing the particular kid in the picture to anything in my comments to Duane. I was trying to call out the misconception that most righties/NRA types have that everyone follows the laws of the country and does what they are supposed to.

..and it is funny that Compton is actually starting to shed the "gangsta" image it once had from what I have read.

..and it is sad that the whole gang "demographic" is now relevant to pretty much any area of the US where more than 10 people live together. The gang thing is no longer just a big city problem, and is , in fact, much worse in impoverished rural areas sometimes than in urban centers anymore

Yeah, East LA is really picking up that torch.

But I disagree. While I can't say there is no gang activity in the suburbs, can you really say it's equal to that of inner cities? It's no longer just a big city problem, but it is still predominantly a big city problem. Look at the picture of the kid standing there in his hunting gear holding his gun. Do you seriously think that kid fits into the threats you're talking about? I sure don't.

No, this is a lot of people trying to use a kid's birthday present for their own political gain. This is people against something who saw that something and lost their crap. It's like watching cavemen experience fire for the first time, or the first few minutes of 2001: A Space Oddyssy (terrible movie, by the way).

It's kind of funny, but it's just as detrimental to real discussion as the "DON'T TOUCH MY GUUUUUUUUUNS!" types are. Not saying anything about you or anything like that, just how I see it. But it is how I see it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Oh...um...

Seriously though, it is outdated. This very amendment claims a militia is necessary to the security of a free state. That's true, unless that state now has an army.

You do, militias aren't necessary to protect the security of the state (not your security from the state) and the second amendment is, in reality, totally outdated and should have been stricken as soon as you had a standing army.

If you have a problem with any of that, or think I'm trying to get your guns taken away, I'll refer you to the novela I wrote yesterday:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...-dropped/page9

The term militia does not have to mean an organized group of armed people, that is the armed forces. A militia is armed citizens who come together to defend their community when called upon and a militia can only exist if the citizens have arms. Do we need a militia now? No. Does not needing something now mean that we will never, ever need it? No. Prior to the Revolutionary War I am sure that most citizens saw no need for arms, doesn't mean they didn't eventually need them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

first...I apologize for the cursing and will refrain from doing that. I really like and respect the parameters of this forum for the fact that it monitors that, and got sort of carried away.

I don't see how I have gotten off point as this thread is discussing the gun problem in the country based on the video/story of the father giving his young son the gun. In fact, you just completely proved the point I was trying to make by typing what I put in bold above...my point being that the regulations that are deemed "acceptable" by the NRA types are completely ineffective for preventing gun violence

I wholeheartedly respect the entire structure that this country was set up on, and am consistently in awe of what it did for govenmental and societal structure in the hitory of time, but also don't live in the clouded world that the structure is outdated, doesn't need to be flexible, and change with the times. I still strongly feel that even the founding fathers themselves would be very dissapointed with the fact that we have not consistently updated the tenets of the rule structure to fit the modern day advances that have made our society what it is.

NOW, we are off topic

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The term militia does not have to mean an organized group of armed people, that is the armed forces. A militia is armed citizens who come together to defend their community when called upon and a militia can only exist if the citizens have arms. Do we need a militia now? No. Does not needing something now mean that we will never, ever need it? No. Prior to the Revolutionary War I am sure that most citizens saw no need for arms, doesn't mean they didn't eventually need them.

Militias aren't necessary to your nation's security. That's all there is to it. Again, read what I wrote yesterday, this isn't an argument to take guns. It's an argument to change your constitution so it ACTUALLY says what so many claim it does, but does not. Your arguments are built on fallacy. Your constitution doesn't say what you think it does.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

again, ever see Red Dawn?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, East LA is really picking up that torch.

But I disagree. While I can't say there is no gang activity in the suburbs, can you really say it's equal to that of inner cities? It's no longer just a big city problem, but it is still predominantly a big city problem. Look at the picture of the kid standing there in his hunting gear holding his gun. Do you seriously think that kid fits into the threats you're talking about? I sure don't.

I do know that the small rural town where one of my rock bands practice has a larger percentage of teen and pre/teen gang involvement than the city I live in. Another medium sized "county seat" type town north of us is completely run by two different drug cartel involved gangs...

thanks to the mass media outlets glorifying the culture over the past 20 years and poor parenting situations, the gang thing really is sort of prevalent everywhere now. Kids who are neglected and bored will try to find "family" somewhere"

once again, i am off topic...stupid adult ADD

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't think this is off topic at all.
    I disagree that, overall, gangs are just as bad or worse in rural areas than cities. I believe there are anomolies, like the area you live as you describe it, but overall the gang problem is still predominantly a city one.
    We also may be having different conversations. There's about 100,000 or so people in my city (I'm actually "surrounding area") and by Canadian standards is a mid sized city. By American standards, I'm sure it would be a small city. We have gang problems here, but very few actual shootings. A gang head got popped in the street last summer and it was major headline news for months. In most US cities it would be on page 6 in less than a week.
    Basically, I can't agree that the demographics are the same in East LA as they are in Lincoln NB (NB is Nebraska, right? I'm talking about Lincoln, Nebraska).

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast