Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021

SCF Rewards
    Country

Had a successful first Phestival! Took my 2008 championship banner that flew in CBP to get signed by all the members of the 08 team still left and managed to get to everyone yesterday!

SCF Rewards
    Country

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...1#post12732812

I have a phestival story too- good seeing you all and I had a great time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Phestival

Had a great time at the event, as it was my third year going, and every year I look forward to the event. In my opinion, it is just great to see so many die hard fans rooting for their team, but also raising money for ALS. Three years ago, I was not a Phillies fan. I live in CT and love my Sox. However, after seeing what the Phillies do for ALS, for their fans, and for the ALS patients at this event, I have become a fan of the Phils. A little bit of background, my uncle died of ALS about 3 1/2 years ago, and if you have seen ALS in person, it is the most disgusting disease out there. I really like how the Phillies and ALL their players really commit to this event. They raised 900,000 dollars yesterday for ALS research. Too awesome.

After a 5 hour trip to get to the stadium, I sat in line with my brother and waited to trade. We were the only guys with Red Sox hats. Did you see us? I got Hamels, M. Young, D. Young, Adams, and Rollins. I met a couple of guys in line who took my M.Young for a Howard. I gave someone by Hamels for a Papelbon. Someone wanted Howard so bad they offered me a Rollins, M.Young and Sandberg ticket for my Howard so I took them up on that offer. I then went on the run to trade so I could get a Howard back. I gave my Rollins and Sandberg for a Howard. I then traded by M. Young to my brother for another Papelbon.

So, in the end, I had D. Young, 2 Pap, Howard and Rollins tickets. I started at the Howard line, and to my suprise, things moved quickly. Howard was very nice. I then moved on to the Papelbon line, but he signed very slow. I ended up waiting in his line for about 30 mins, but I also had two items from Fenway that I needed signed, and I still miss him in Boston, so it was worth the wait. Pap inscribed both and I ended up getting a pic with Pap as well, and we got to talk for a couple of minutes. Awesome. I then moved on to the Rollins line, and was one away when I cut pushed out of the way by a big, large, green Phanatic. He kind of scared me. Jimmy was very pleasant and looked like he was enjoying himself.

I must have misjudged the time, so I went to the Hamels line and waited too long in the cash line. I was 8th in the line, and by the time they actually took donations, I paid $20 for two Hamels autos. Not bad. I then saw Dom. Brown sitting all by himself, and a nice sponsor had an extra Brown ticket, so I was able to get Brown on a ROMLB. decent! My brother ended up getting me D. Young on a card, so thats a bonus.

For the autos, I think I could have done a bit better if I hadnt spent so much time in the Pap line and waiting for the cash line with Hamels, but I am not gonna complain.

I also bought four grab bags. They usually sell out quickly, but this year, they were still trying to sell them as I left at 7pm.

I got a ™™™™™™™o auto'd ball in black
    Gary Matthews ball in black
    Papelbon in black
    someone else i forgot in blue

I then asked a guy if he wanted to sell me a bobblehead, as I saw that he bought about 25 grab bags (why?)
    He sold me a Manuel bobble
    As I was walking out, I asked the Phestival workers if I could trade my Matthews for another bobble. The guy hesitated but let me do it and I pulled out the announcers bobble. I'll take it!

When I met up with my brother, he was happy getting 2 M. Youngs and 2 Adams. He then played the "every roll is a winner" and pulled a sweet game used ball hit by Utley and pitched by Shields.

Being a Sox fan, I get to see this event in a different light, but I also get to meet a lot of cool people. I was talking to one guy in line and after about 10 minutes of sharing stories, the guy I am talking to is none other than board member 2008WFCs! Pretty cool guy and I was glad to have met him.

For those who dont know, I write a blog for RedSoxLife.com - Boston Red Sox Fan Site, Blog, T-shirts so I will post my thoughts on that site tomorrow about the Phestival. If you don't care, its all good.

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmoney24246's Items on eBay

If anyone is interested im trying to trade a Chase Utley ROMLB for a Cliff Lee ROMLB or Roy Halladay ROMLB…if not then im trying to sell it..

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021